Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me ladies, please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I need help.  My husband has bipolar, probably some other stuff too.  I think he has been having some kind of psychotic break.  anyway, we separated a year ago because he hurt our teenage son, picked him up and threw him across a room.  Now he is saying some crazy shit, can I file a PFA?  I'm so fucking scared and I don't know what to do.  To be clear, he is not making outright threats against me or the kids, not threatening to harm us, and he only hurt our son the one time, so there's not a history of physical or sexual abuse.  There is a history of verbal abuse but I don't think that's enough to get a PFA, from what I've read.

and yes, I realize that I'm stupid for choosing to marry and procreate with a crazy person.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckythreemom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:20 AM
I would think so. He hurt your son and continues to make threats. That should be more than enough
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:22 AM
Stop your not stupid

You are not living with him right? If not, well even if you are; call the police when he is losing his shit.

You can also go to your courthouse and ask them or call a mental health facility, they may be able to direct you
SuperEpi
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:23 AM
You should try. I'm pretty sure you don't need much evidence at all to get an emergency temporary PFA, but I could be wrong. Please be safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:26 AM
You need to protect yourself and the kids.

AND

He needs psychological help.

2 separate issues that need to be addressed. What kind of crazy stuff is he saying?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:36 AM

He is saying that he thinks I tried to kill him when I reported to his therapist that he hurt his son.  My MIL told me to call his therapist when I called her for help.  So I called the therapist and left a message on her voice mail telling her about what he did to our son, and that in the weeks leading up to it his anger and temper were escalating to the point that the kids and I were scared of him.  He thinks that the doctors thought he was an abuser and wanted him to die.  It's absolutely fucking crazy but he says he thinks I'm going to jail.  He has been unmedicated for more than a year, I think he's having a paranoid episode right now.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You need to protect yourself and the kids. AND He needs psychological help. 2 separate issues that need to be addressed. What kind of crazy stuff is he saying?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:43 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:46 AM

Does anyone here have experience with filing a PFA for mental health issues and not threats of physical violence?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have put that Insane asshole down like a rabid dog IF he had assaulted my son.. What does PFA stand for?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:57 AM

Protection From Abuse.  It's just a court order preventing an abuser from coming near his intended victims.  

Quoting Sassy762: I would have put that Insane asshole down like a rabid dog IF he had assaulted my son.. What does PFA stand for?

MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking the same thing, father or not nobody hurts my baby. My 5'2, 80lbs, 13yo self threatened my 6'4 father when he hit my brother while my brother was having an asthma attack. I saw my life flash before my eyes but I didn't back down. I can't imagine if that had been my son.

Quoting Sassy762: I would have put that Insane asshole down like a rabid dog IF he had assaulted my son.. What does PFA stand for?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)