Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She actually expects me to fulfill a promise I made at 8

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I really feel horrible and like a big piece of shit. I don't know what should be the right thing to do.

My sister is 9 years older than me. She had cancer in her ovaries when she was a teenager and she is unable to have kids of her own due to that. She was 17 when she asked me, age 8, if I would have babies for her once I was older and I promised her I'd have a lot of babies just for her.

Life went on, I met my husband and we got married. My sister was always asking when we would have kids or saying we were taking too long, etc... At times it was annoying but I never said anything because I assumed it was due to the fact of her being unable tk have her own, perhaps she wanted a niece or nephew to give all that love. DH and I finally had our first 3 years after getting married, my sister was super happy and came over almost everyday to see the baby, it got to the point where I had to tell her it was enough and that we also wanted to have time alone with our kid and enjoy him. She got upset for a while but then she came around and stablished and much healthier relationship with our son.

2yrs later I got pregnant again and she once again got super excited and all over the top. Baby was born and shit was the same as with DS#1, she came over almost everyday, wanted to have the baby all the time, do everything and even asked to take him with her over night when he was only a couple weeks old. We once again told her to back off, she got upset, stayed away for a while once again and then came back acting normal. Same story as with DS#1.

It's been 3yrs since DS#2 was born and DH and I are TTC baby#3. I really wasn't planning to tell my sister we are TTC and even thought it would be better if I don't tell her when I get pregnant until it begans to show so DH and I can enjoy a big of the pregnancy on our own. But I told my mother and I guess she forgot I am keeping it a secret and told my sister. She called super excited a couple days ago wishing me good luck and then asked me if this was the one for her, I asked her what she meant because I honestly had forgotten about the promise and she said "My baby, of course, the one you promised". At the moment I laughed thinking she was making a weird joke but she just asked again if this was the baby. After that I tols her that I was very sorry but it was ridiculous that she wanted me to fulfill a promised I made as a young child and that it would kill me to give up one of my children, even to her. She then hung up the phone and it not picking up. I called my mother and she says that for the past days my sister's been locked in her room crying, barely eating but drinking a lot.

I feel like the shittiest shit ever but really, why would she hang into such a promise? If I had done it while being a teenaget or an adult, perhaps it would have been different but FFS, I was 8 years old! I barely even knew about where babies came from at that age, she was sick and I was super terrified of her dying, I would have promised anything if it meant her being saved!

What would you do in a situation like this? Should I actually have a baby and give it to her? Shouldn't I? I'm very confused and as I said, feeling very bad about the whole situation.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cybcm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:14 AM
3 moms liked this
We've done this one before. After many pages the "no you don't have to" side had more votes.
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:16 AM
If she wasnt crazy I could see being a surrogate for her... But not just giving your kid to her!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:17 AM
You should give her one of your existing children. Or the one you're TTC. Easy peasy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I read this one already...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:18 AM
If this is true, then she's being an immature asshole.
With that kind of behaviour she shouldn't get a kid.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:20 AM

Mobile Photo

motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:21 AM
This has been posted before, word for word.
Armymom134
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:22 AM

I have read this word for freakin word before. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm starting to think that CM really only has one troll, and that they just c&p a rotation of old word files to try and use as bait. Fucking boring.
VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

She's a really bad person. She was nearly an adult when she convinced a young child to promise her a baby and now she wants you and  your husband to give up one of your children for her. That's very different than you being a surrogate for her. 

Your sister is Rumplestiltskin. Be grateful she's cut you off and move on with your life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)