Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It was huge!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
A fucking June bug just attacked me in bed. I heard a buzzing but thought it was something in my *ahem* night stand. I went to open the drawer and this giant ass June's bug flew at my face. Naturally I screamed like a girl and ran. Dh can't find it and I made him bring the bug zapper in here. I can't sleep like this. Useless fucking dog ran too.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:53 AM
I understand being surprised to be dive bombed but a June bug, even a huge one, can't hurt you at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Yuck!

I thought this was going to be a post about a dick, though.

Sigh.
luckythreemom
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:54 AM
This is really funny
TheRaz
by Liz on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:55 AM
One time when I was 13ish I was wearing a hair clip with a decorative butterfly on it. Had an hour and a half car ride with my mom and younger brothers... The entire car ride my brother's were "tricking" me, telling me I had a bug in my hair... I kept patting my head and saying "it's just my clip guys, stop messing with me"..... After the car ride I opened the door and a giant June bug flew off my hair and out the door..... Turns out every time I patted my hair I went right over it and my brother's thought I was messing with them...

Lol

Good luck finding it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:55 AM
I know they can't hurt and I'm not necessarily afraid you know? They're little feet are creepy as fuck and they change directions so suddenly. It's the surprise factor. I don't like balloons either. Lol. But now if I just needed to like hold one, I could. The little bastard randomly flying into my face is a problem.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I understand being surprised to be dive bombed but a June bug, even a huge one, can't hurt you at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:56 AM
It may not count but dh was totally a dick about it and laughed at me.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yuck!

I thought this was going to be a post about a dick, though.

Sigh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:57 AM
I hate the surprise factor that comes with those guys. I'll admit I'm terrified of crickets and grasshoppers. But June bugs are just so big and unpredictable. The thud they make flying into stuff is icky.

Quoting luckythreemom: This is really funny
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:57 AM
Those things are so gross. They can't hurt. But when they stick on you and buzz? Ewww! I'm so glad we don't have them here. I grew up in central ca. Very pleasantly surprised to see they aren't common here in northern nevada!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:58 AM
The dog went back to bed likes it nothing. The bug zapper may get it though. If he's not too big to fit into it. It's usually the shock that makes me scream. Lol. June bugs are so bad about randomly changing direction and flying into shit. Dumbest bugs ever.

Quoting TheRaz: One time when I was 13ish I was wearing a hair clip with a decorative butterfly on it. Had an hour and a half car ride with my mom and younger brothers... The entire car ride my brother's were "tricking" me, telling me I had a bug in my hair... I kept patting my head and saying "it's just my clip guys, stop messing with me"..... After the car ride I opened the door and a giant June bug flew off my hair and out the door..... Turns out every time I patted my hair I went right over it and my brother's thought I was messing with them...

Lol

Good luck finding it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:59 AM
I'm in Texas. I scoop a dozen or if the pool almost daily. You can hear them thudding into the door when we accidentally leave the porch light on.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Those things are so gross. They can't hurt. But when they stick on you and buzz? Ewww! I'm so glad we don't have them here. I grew up in central ca. Very pleasantly surprised to see they aren't common here in northern nevada!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)