Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epdiural

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:01 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I was in labor for 31 hours. My epidural wore off towards the end on my left side because they gave me a drip instead of a shot. Holy deal did that HURT!!! But baby is fine and she's beautiful. I'm just so glad that the labor part is over and I have my little girl.
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:04 AM

Are you sure it wasn't the other way round? Drips aren't supossed to wear off until after they remove it. Shots, on the other hand wear off after a certain amount of time. 

I had a shot with my first VBAC & it wore off before pushing. Yes, totally wore off. My second VBAC was a drip & my OB assured me it wouldn't wear off until after they remove it.

Congrats on your baby girl!

rebeccasmommy09
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:17 AM
Congrats! My epidural mostly wore off for my dd2's birth and completely wore off for ds's birth. The anesthesiologist took too long to get back to me and it was time to push before they could up the drip. It was awful (inductions with pitocin so contractions were BRUTAL)! I'm really hoping this next one goes better.
createive
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:21 AM
Congratulations!!!!

Mine didn't work on my left side either, your not alone hurt like h*ll but well worth it right!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:22 AM

drips can't wear off, because every time you hit the button, you get more meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:30 AM

Uh. Interesting. 

I don't have experience with epidurals. They scared the shit out of me. 

Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:32 AM
My epidural didn't wear off, it was a drip. But when I had a spinal with our first, that wore off. It wore off just as she came out and they were pushing on my abdomen to get the after birth out. That hurt like hell.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:35 AM
Congratulations!

My didn't wear off during birth however; afterwards I was bleeding a lot and they had to keep pushing down on my stomach to get the blood out. That's when it wore off and I had never been in so much pain before.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:42 AM
Congratulations on your baby girl!

My epidural was a drip. The bag ran out, and it started wearing off while waiting for another bag.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM
Congrats on your baby girl.

I never got an epidural with either delivery.
hart57
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:26 AM
My first baby was beautiful epidural even if it wore off at the end, but that's fine because you need to feel the contractions to push.

My second was horrible. Stupid med student had no idea what she was doing. It hurt, took forever and caused me so much leg pain. I couldn't move my legs they felt like tree stumps. I couldn't even roll to my side. The nurse or my husband had to roll me over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)