Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've already decided

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
I'm not doing shit today. I was supposed to be taking my stepkids to some festival a couple of town over. I woke up at 5 this morning to say good bye to my SO and couldn't get back to sleep at all. I'm groggy and tired as fuck but I'm sick of laying in bed not sleeping. Fuck it. I am going to be one with my couch today. They can entertain themselves.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:57 AM
Were they looking forward to the festival? Maybe a quick nap then go?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
You have a "SO" and therefore you do not have stepkuds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:59 AM
Not really. They'd rather stay home and play Xbox for hours than do anything else anyway. Getting them to go anywhere is a giant pain in the ass. I'm just not doing it today.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Were they looking forward to the festival? Maybe a quick nap then go?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:00 AM
They refer to me as their stepmom and my daughter as their stepsister. So, yeah. I have stepkids.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You have a "SO" and therefore you do not have stepkuds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:00 AM
Alright then- enjoy the couch lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not really. They'd rather stay home and play Xbox for hours than do anything else anyway. Getting them to go anywhere is a giant pain in the ass. I'm just not doing it today.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Were they looking forward to the festival? Maybe a quick nap then go?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:01 AM
I plan to. It is my bestest friend right now. I can't even get the energy up to make a pot of coffee. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Alright then- enjoy the couch lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not really. They'd rather stay home and play Xbox for hours than do anything else anyway. Getting them to go anywhere is a giant pain in the ass. I'm just not doing it today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:02 AM
People can refer to me as "Your Royal Highness" but it doesn't make it true. OR legalling binding.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They refer to me as their stepmom and my daughter as their stepsister. So, yeah. I have stepkids.

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:03 AM
If you are not married to their parent, you are not their stepmother. You're the parent's girlfriend who babysits sometimes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:03 AM
I'm always thrilled when I don't wake up until 5am. Lol. Today I slept until almost 6! That rarely happens! You must go to bed late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this
There are absolutely no legal rights or responsibilities that come with the title of "stepmom". There is nothing legal about it even if you are married and have been for years. So who gives a fuck? We live as a family. It's the title we use.

Quoting Anonymous 3: People can refer to me as "Your Royal Highness" but it doesn't make it true. OR legalling binding.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They refer to me as their stepmom and my daughter as their stepsister. So, yeah. I have stepkids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)