Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coparenting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Do you coparent? If you do what would you do if your ex told you he was taking your child on a trip and won't be back until two days in to your scheduled time with the child. Child comes home and you find out he lied just to get extra time with the child. Would you be upset knowing he lied and if he just asked for extra time he could have gotten it with out lying? Would you confront him about the nonsensical lying? Would you lose more trust in him and wonder what big things he might be lying about?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:39 AM

I tell him not to lie and that if he wants more time with his child then to just ask/mention it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:40 AM

Oh god.eye rolling

If you couldn't parent together when you were married it's not going to be easier now. Marriage is hard work, divorce is harder. If he violates the child custody agreement, report it to the court. Time to grow up.

Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:42 AM
My ex doesn't have to lie to me. I'd be thrilled if he wanted extra time. If he did I'd have no choice but to report it to his worker. But that's our situation and not the norm for most. I'd probably just say " i know you lied to me, are you teaching the kids this is acceptable?" Then just leave it be.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:43 AM
I guess I would ask why he lied. Then go from there. Perhaps he had a trip planned but had to cancel. I really wouldn't care he had the kid 2 extra days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:44 AM
We never married (thank god)
One of the biggest factors of our breakup was his lying. He lies about the most ridiculous things. I always try to keep an open line of communication. It's odd, we've been coparenting just fine for the past year. The first year was the hardest. He seems to be regressing back to old behavior.

This will not become my hill to die on. I just become baffled by his thought process at times.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Oh god.eye rolling

If you couldn't parent together when you were married it's not going to be easier now. Marriage is hard work, divorce is harder. If he violates the child custody agreement, report it to the court. Time to grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:45 AM
I asked him why he lied. He refused to acknowledge it and said he would see our son on Monday. I let it go. It just frustrates me.

Quoting Sailor.Moon.Mom: My ex doesn't have to lie to me. I'd be thrilled if he wanted extra time. If he did I'd have no choice but to report it to his worker. But that's our situation and not the norm for most. I'd probably just say " i know you lied to me, are you teaching the kids this is acceptable?" Then just leave it be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:45 AM

You were never married, thank God but you have a child together? sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Anonymous 1: We never married (thank god) One of the biggest factors of our breakup was his lying. He lies about the most ridiculous things. I always try to keep an open line of communication. It's odd, we've been coparenting just fine for the past year. The first year was the hardest. He seems to be regressing back to old behavior. This will not become my hill to die on. I just become baffled by his thought process at times.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Oh god.eye rolling

champagne2311
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:46 AM
Yes I coparent. My ex and I often text or talk about our girls and very occasionally about personal life that effects the girls (such as his new girlfriend inviting the children to stay the night). Before i presume he lied i would just ask him what happened to the trip could have been any number of issues. And truthful he may have had a change of plans and just figured he is set to have them just take the best of a bad day. I have done it before...my plans changed, I had already arranged to keep the girls, so I just kept them (since I figured rearranging would be more of an issue), and told him at drop off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:49 AM
I'm jealous of your coparenting relationship. We were doing fantastic for the longest time. Then all of a sudden he stopped responding to my texts regarding our son. I stopped because it was a waste of energy. We keep our personal lives out of our coparenting relationship. I wonder if he is going through something personal and that's why he is acting strange.

Quoting champagne2311: Yes I coparent. My ex and I often text or talk about our girls and very occasionally about personal life that effects the girls (such as his new girlfriend inviting the children to stay the night). Before i presume he lied i would just ask him what happened to the trip could have been any number of issues. And truthful he may have had a change of plans and just figured he is set to have them just take the best of a bad day. I have done it before...my plans changed, I had already arranged to keep the girls, so I just kept them (since I figured rearranging would be more of an issue), and told him at drop off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:50 AM
So what? Plenty of people don't get married and have kids. We're not married and we have 5 kids. Marriage isn't important to us.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You were never married, thank God but you have a child together? sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Anonymous 1: We never married (thank god)
One of the biggest factors of our breakup was his lying. He lies about the most ridiculous things. I always try to keep an open line of communication. It's odd, we've been coparenting just fine for the past year. The first year was the hardest. He seems to be regressing back to old behavior.

This will not become my hill to die on. I just become baffled by his thought process at times.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Oh god.eye rolling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)