Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking about going to court

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
To ask that my ex's summer visits be ended. He's out of town for work all week long and only home with them on the weekends. During the week they are with his girlfriend and she does nothing with them. She spends her days on the couch watching TV and playing on her phone and then goes our with friends almost every night for several hrs and they are left alone. I don't see why I have to give up my summers with my kids so they can sit in his house doing nothing with her. Everytime he leaves Monday morning he tells the kids to listen to her and not bother her. So they are afraid to even ask her for anything. It's ridiculous.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maevelyn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Well that sucks. Idk thats their time to live there and that's what living there is like. Have you talked to him. Maybe more, shorter visits would be better? Talk to him about how he can spend more time with them, don't start out bitching. And I know that might be hard because it would be hard for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:56 AM
It's almost impossible NOT to end to bitching at him. He drives me insane. He does this whole free-range parenting thing which to me just sounds like an excuse to be lazy and ignore the kids. Even when he's home he spends most of the time with his girlfriend and just kind of lets them do whatever and if I say anything he calls me uptight and tells me to "chill".

Quoting Maevelyn: Well that sucks. Idk thats their time to live there and that's what living there is like. Have you talked to him. Maybe more, shorter visits would be better? Talk to him about how he can spend more time with them, don't start out bitching. And I know that might be hard because it would be hard for me.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:59 AM
Summer would be over by the time you got in to court here & they probably wouldn't take the visits away anyway.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:00 AM
I don't blame you. I could see if he came home from work in the evening but he doesn't do what's the point? Sounds like weekends would be better.
Maevelyn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Hmmm. I thought free range parenting means letting the kids lead the way and providing them with lots of options. So you take them to the park but they decided how to play and you step back and let them explore. You provide craft supplies and space, but don't force them to make any one thing. You have to privide them with options. I always wore my ex out with research and getting his mom on on my side. Bottom line the kids aren't happy and that's more important than any parenting philosophy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's almost impossible NOT to end to bitching at him. He drives me insane. He does this whole free-range parenting thing which to me just sounds like an excuse to be lazy and ignore the kids. Even when he's home he spends most of the time with his girlfriend and just kind of lets them do whatever and if I say anything he calls me uptight and tells me to "chill".

Quoting Maevelyn: Well that sucks. Idk thats their time to live there and that's what living there is like. Have you talked to him. Maybe more, shorter visits would be better? Talk to him about how he can spend more time with them, don't start out bitching. And I know that might be hard because it would be hard for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:08 AM
His version just equals spending all his time mooning around his girlfriend while he tells them to "just go play".

Quoting Maevelyn: Hmmm. I thought free range parenting means letting the kids lead the way and providing them with lots of options. So you take them to the park but they decided how to play and you step back and let them explore. You provide craft supplies and space, but don't force them to make any one thing. You have to privide them with options. I always wore my ex out with research and getting his moon on my side. Bottom line the mugs aren't happy and that's more important than any parenting philosophy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's almost impossible NOT to end to bitching at him. He drives me insane. He does this whole free-range parenting thing which to me just sounds like an excuse to be lazy and ignore the kids. Even when he's home he spends most of the time with his girlfriend and just kind of lets them do whatever and if I say anything he calls me uptight and tells me to "chill".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Weekends wouldn't work because we live pretty far apart. At this point, I don't think he needs visits at all. If he wants to see them he can come here.

Quoting Leigh84: I don't blame you. I could see if he came home from work in the evening but he doesn't do what's the point? Sounds like weekends would be better.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:11 AM
How old are your children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:13 AM
8 and 10.

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86: How old are your children?
Trixie_dahl
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:16 AM
Your kids too slow to find something to do? Paybher to cate for two sn brats and i bet she would do more. Shes not their entertainment they need to find things to do it wont kill kids not to be entertained. I have a sitter who syays with my kids but shes not to engage or entertain them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)