Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I found the last Dr on earth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
Who will still do non-medically necessary inductions and who doesn't make you wait til you are post dates to do one. I have been Dr shopping for weeks trying to find one. I need to have the baby before a certain date because I only have my mom to baby sit my son and she will be at a work conference for 2 weeks starting when. I was 39 weeks 2 days and I will NOT have him in the room when I give birth or while I labor and I am NOT having this baby without my dh. I have been stressing over this hardcore. It feels so good not to have to search and worry any more.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:04 AM
5 moms liked this

popcorn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:04 AM
My doc will pretty much do anything he feels is safe. I work for him (I'm a labor and delivery nurse) and he's delivered all three of my kids. I requested c-sections with all of them. Not medically necessary....I just wanted c-sections.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:06 AM
It's really trendy for Drs to push non-interventionist delivery strategies I've found. I didn't have a problem getting my Dr to induce my son and that was just because I was sick of being pregnant. But we have moved since then and this area is very different.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My doc will pretty much do anything he feels is safe. I work for him (I'm a labor and delivery nurse) and he's delivered all three of my kids. I requested c-sections with all of them. Not medically necessary....I just wanted c-sections.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish that were true. It's been my experience that there are FAR too many doctors willing to induce labor just to make it more convenient. My sister had her baby last year and as it turned out them inducing her "about a week before the due date" was actually more like a month before her due date. He ended up in intensive care for weeks. And no, that's not the only case I've seen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:09 AM
It was hard to find one here. I had to talk to about 5 different ones before I found this one. I had no problem where I lived before getting my Dr to induce my son at 38 weeks because I was uncomfortable and sick of being pregnant. Here is seems to be a different climate.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I wish that were true. It's been my experience that there are FAR too many doctors willing to induce labor just to make it more convenient. My sister had her baby last year and as it turned out them inducing her "about a week before the due date" was actually more like a month before her due date. He ended up in intensive care for weeks. And no, that's not the only case I've seen.
jammf
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

It was actually my doctors suggestion to induce with our second child, as I was 39 weeks, and this way we could plan for the care of our oldest, who was not quite 2 at the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:11 AM
My Dr that delivered my son was like that but we moved :( I would have just gone back to her if I could have.

Quoting jammf:

It was actually my doctors suggestion to induce with our second child, as I was 39 weeks, and this way we could plan for the care of our oldest, who was not quite 2 at the time.

HHx5
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:14 AM
Out of my 6, 5 were induced. My youngest is 3. I was told with my 4,5, and 6th that I have to wait till 39 wks. I agreed of course. Don't want a baby born too soon and risk his health. Although my 3rd was induced at 38 wks and he was 7'2", 20in long and healthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad it worked out for you but honestly I feel it's in everyone's best interest if they don't induce when it isn't medically necessary. I know it doesn't typically cause problems but I just tend to prefer things "natural".

I'm not clear on whether you've already had the baby or not but congrats either way!

Quoting Anonymous 1: It was hard to find one here. I had to talk to about 5 different ones before I found this one. I had no problem where I lived before getting my Dr to induce my son at 38 weeks because I was uncomfortable and sick of being pregnant. Here is seems to be a different climate.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I wish that were true. It's been my experience that there are FAR too many doctors willing to induce labor just to make it more convenient. My sister had her baby last year and as it turned out them inducing her "about a week before the due date" was actually more like a month before her due date. He ended up in intensive care for weeks. And no, that's not the only case I've seen.
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:17 AM
6 moms liked this
Sad..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)