Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dad Locks Himself in a Car to Send an Important Message

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

On a scorching Summer day, Terry Williams got in his car but didn't roll down the windows or crank the AC. Instead, the North Carolina father sat in the driver's seat, sweat dripping down his face, to show parents what it's like to be left in a steamy car.

"I'm sweating [and] I can barely breathe out here," Williams says. "But my system is stronger than these little kids' systems." Williams' video, which has reached more than 1 million viewers, acts as a PSA about the dangers of leaving children in the car. Not that parents need reminding. This year alone, 17 children have died after being left in a car on a hot day. Yet despite the daily heartbreaking headlines, some parents still forget to check the backseat before they leave the car. As Williams so bluntly says, "Don't be the next fool on the damn news talking about [how] you left your kids in the backseat."

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DirtyPrincess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a good PSA but it is still going to continue to happen. People these days just get into such a big hurry to get things done that they don't stop and think.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Something worthy of going viral for a change instead of just yet another idiot trying to get his 15 seconds of internet fame.

Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope that some parents will pay attention to this.

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:14 AM
I don't need him i used to drive a car without a/c in Florida. Even with Windows down in August it's hell. The last guy in Florida that did it said he couldn't take his kids to work so they were left in a car no water windows up. Kids were found drenched in sweat now the man is up on abuse charges. People in Florida are known for parking their cars in shade. There is a reason for that. I think that guy is a walking miracle obviously he was born without a brain.
awelling
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I think most kids who die inside hot vehicles were not accidently forgotten there.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM

It's really starting to seem that way isn't it?

Quoting awelling: I think most kids who die inside hot vehicles were not accidently forgotten there.

awelling
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately, yes.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

It's really starting to seem that way isn't it?

Quoting awelling: I think most kids who die inside hot vehicles were not accidently forgotten there.

KittyMom1026
by Sharon on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

At the grocery store I go to there's a big sign on the door reminding people to not leave kids or pets in the car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:26 AM

This isn't going to help. Parents don't consciously leave their kids in a car. Everyone knows it is bad. Parents do it subconsciously without realizing.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Maybe this will help someone think.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

This isn't going to help. Parents don't consciously leave their kids in a car. Everyone knows it is bad. Parents do it subconsciously without realizing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)