Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Customer service horror stories

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM
  • 155 Replies
I had worked in customer service for quite a few years, whether it be waitressing, customer sales...

While waitressing, I had a large group come in and an older gentleman in the group ended up being the worse of them all. I worked at a Mexican Restaurant at the time and onions are a main ingredient in basically everything. I informed him of this, and at first he was all good about it. As long as they were not raw and sliced. (No, he didn't have an allergy)

I brought out his, and families, meal and he cut into his burrito and threw the whole plate on the floor. Yes, there were diced onions in it. He demanded that all the food be taken away and said they were leaving.

His family, was extremely embarrassed by his behavior and apologized again and again. The psycho guy sat in the car till the rest of his family finished.

I ended up with a huge tip though.
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I worked in Health Insurance, I have had my life threatened more than once, lol.....
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:22 AM
Had a woman say she didn't get her some of her sandwiches. My co worker made 2 and when she asked for the third we got the mgr. Once, my printer was broken and I was unable to issue receipts and offered to write them by hand. Woman screamed so loud. My mgr came it and she preceded to tell her that I was an incompetent bitch for not knowing how to use a broken machine. I was never rude to her.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm a nurse in a long-term skilled care facility and part of my job is talking with family members, which amounts to customer service.

On Mother's Day, the whole facility was PACKED with family members, some of them had not seen their loved ones in YEARS and I was backed into a corner on more than one occasion that day by irate people demanding to know why their 90-year-old family member wasn't the same as she was two years ago, the last time they saw her.

Um, she's 90.  She has dementia.  Frankly speaking, you're lucky she didn't call you the Kaiser and try to smack you like she does to me every day at blood sugar time.

owlyce
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:25 AM

work in a medical clinic.   We had a lady put a hole in the wall because the dr wouldn't give her a narcotics prescription.

TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:25 AM
My parents are in the early stages of dementia. It's hard accepting that they won't be the same.

Quoting corticosteroid:

I'm a nurse in a long-term skilled care facility and part of my job is talking with family members, which amounts to customer service.

On Mother's Day, the whole facility was PACKED with family members, some of them had not seen their loved ones in YEARS and I was backed into a corner on more than one occasion that day by irate people demanding to know why their 90-year-old family member wasn't the same as she was two years ago, the last time they saw her.

Um, she's 90.  She has dementia.  Frankly speaking, you're lucky she didn't call you the Kaiser and try to smack you like she does to me every day at blood sugar time.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:26 AM

It is of course, but these people were acting like I have the power to hold my residents stopped in time.

Quoting TinkTink205: My parents are in the early stages of dementia. It's hard accepting that they won't be the same.
Quoting corticosteroid:

EmilyH87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh hell, I could write a book. With several chapters alone probably dedicated to crazy people at Toys 'R' Us at Christmas time.
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:28 AM
I understand. Guess people have to have somebody to blame besides nature.. lol. Sorry you have to deal with that.

Quoting corticosteroid:

It is of course, but these people were acting like I have the power to hold my residents stopped in time.

Quoting TinkTink205: My parents are in the early stages of dementia. It's hard accepting that they won't be the same.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Susan_Marie1984
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Goodness! Yes, it's is really hard sometimes to keep calm.

Quoting TinkTink205: Had a woman say she didn't get her some of her sandwiches. My co worker made 2 and when she asked for the third we got the mgr. Once, my printer was broken and I was unable to issue receipts and offered to write them by hand. Woman screamed so loud. My mgr came it and she preceded to tell her that I was an incompetent bitch for not knowing how to use a broken machine. I was never rude to her.
Susan_Marie1984
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM
That is something I couldn't do. I have some crazy family members that go nuts on black Friday.

Quoting EmilyH87: Oh hell, I could write a book. With several chapters alone probably dedicated to crazy people at Toys 'R' Us at Christmas time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)