Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would someone have to do to make you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

deny them access to your children?

I keep reading posts about how people get upset w/ their in-laws and their first thought is to not let them see the grand-kids.  I see it IRL too.  I think that's so sad that the kids have to suffer b/c the adults in their lives have a disagreement.  

I can't imagine what my life would've been like w/out the love and nurturing I got from being close with my grandparents.  

(*Obviously cases of abuse is a no-brainer here)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:40 PM

BUMP!

Trouser.Mouse
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:41 PM
I don't want my ex-sil around my kids. She's a meth addict, thief, has lost custody of all 4 of her children, and gave pot to one of my underage teens once.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:43 PM
DH and I don't allow his mother around our son because she is mentally ill and put the burden on our son to make her "feel better."
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:45 PM
With family, they would have to abuse or neglect my child in some way.
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:45 PM
They would have to do something that would be harmful to my kids. That includes emotional as well as physical.
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this
If you don't have access to me. Then there is really no access to my children.
I don't speak to my father, so the kids don't know him.

Not all grandparents are loving and nurturing
And I adored spending time with my grandparents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM

I have a BIL/SIL that are fundamentalists. I don't allow my kids to be around SIL without either DH or I supervising. They aren't bad people per say BUT they don't share our value system. 

BIL knows boundaries and will keep his opinion to himself but his wife is super crazy and doesn't understand limits. 

Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:54 PM

mental/emotional/physical abuse

allowing the abuser near the children despite being told not to

Those were the reasons my ex and his family were denied access.  And that was only after I tried all other ways/means of keeping them together.

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:55 PM

For my mother, there is a laundry list of reasons but the final straw was when she thought it was hilarious to feed my then 13 month old fruit that had been soaking in hard alcohol for hours. My husband almost punched her in the face for that one, but we were trying to play nice because it was at my sister's house on her birthday.

My FIL, by his choice. He's seen my youngest in passing, but has made no effort to establish a relationship with any of my kids.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM
Dh's grandma is on limited contact. Just the way she talks to dd, threatened to kill me and then a few other shitty things she did I cannot wait for her to be out of our lives for good. She is moving 2 hours away tomorrow and I cannot wait!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)