Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's over 35 yr old old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies

Mobile Photo

If you were to get pregnant ( even if you can't get pregnant let's pretend you can) would you get the test to test for the birth defects.

My mom and I were talking about it. I am almost 36. With my other kids i declined the test. I was in my 20's and then it didn't matter either way. Now if I were to get pregnant god forbid. I would get the test. And if it came back positive i would probably abort. At this point it wouldn't be a planned pregnancy and I couldn't deal with a severely sn child.

But that being said, that's why i stay on bc.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PISCIS29
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Mobile Photo

LuLuMagoo2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM
I was 37 and 38 with my kids and did not get the testing. While I am pro choice an abortion would not have been my choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Bump
Trouser.Mouse
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM
I won't do the quad screen because there are too many false positives. I will do the fetal dna tests and ultrasounds. If either of those indicated an issue, I'd decide what additional tests were needed at that time.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Ok? I had a child over 40 and I was still more likely to have a healthy child than one with a disability. 300 times more likely to have a healthy child!

And yes, my child is healthy.
Damn_Pixi
by Morgie on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:51 PM

if DH's vacectomy fails, I'll most likely get an abortion, My youngest is 11, and I don't want to start over. (plus I HATE being pregnant)

so No. I wouldn't get the test. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Why do so many assume that knowing the health status of your child is about abortion?

Quoting LuLuMagoo2: I was 37 and 38 with my kids and did not get the testing. While I am pro choice an abortion would not have been my choice.
Lynette
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM
No I wouldn't test. I wouldn't abort so I don't need to know.
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM
No, because my husband doesn't have children
So I would have the child no matter what.

I'm almost 40 and don't want anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM
I would likely want to make sure my baby seems healthy, but would avoid any invasive procedures.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)