Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pull your head out of your A** and be a dad....

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

If there is no contact made today, it will be since 6/18/17 that my grandkids have spoken/seen their dad.  In his mind since he got them 3 weekends in a row, He shouldn't have to make contact????

He says he's working, but the CS that my DD gets proves otherwise.  His sisters think he's just the best dad in the world.  He tells them that my DD wont let him have the kids, but it's a line of shit just to make them feel sorry for him.  My oldest GS has tried to call him for the last week, and he won't answer or call back. 

He gets mad at my DD when she tries to call him.  His GF gets mad when my DD tries to call him..  Maybe his just gonna give up, (again) and just leave my DD and her kids alone.  (which would really be ideal) 
Even when they were together, he really was never there for the kids and my DD.  He was always too busy gettng stoned.  Always took off when the kids were babies because he couldn't handle a crying baby in the middle of the night.  but the kids are now 11, 9, 7, and 22 mos... 

i just can't stand what he is doing to my GK's. 

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:45 PM

Your DD had 4 kids with a guy she was never married to? She had 4 kids with a guy that was always stoned? Does she do drugs too? If he's a druggy.... he probably should not be around the kids..... Are you raising them?

DD needs to make better choices in men moving forward. You can't FORCE anyone to be a better parent. Sadly....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:48 PM
Omfg 1)marriage isnt a fucking end all be all to have kids 2)smoking weed doesnt make someone a druggie its a natural herb.

OP sorry your dd and gkids are going thru this. Im glad they have you.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Your DD had 4 kids with a guy she was never married to? She had 4 kids with a guy that was always stoned? Does she do drugs too? If he's a druggy.... he probably should not be around the kids..... Are you raising them?

DD needs to make better choices in men moving forward. You can't FORCE anyone to be a better parent. Sadly....

loquaciousred
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:52 PM

My ex told his family that I was the bitch keeping his kid from him.....reality...I have custody papers that HE SIGNED giving me full custody with no visitation for him.

My son is now 10....they've never met. I think that's best.

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:54 PM

Slow your roll....  You are all worked up. Maybe there was DRUG use besides your precious pot. I was asking general questions to figure out if maybe grandma is mad at one parent over the other simply because it's her daughter? Maybe the daughter is a great mom- maybe she sucks as bad as the dad.

And having 4 kids, no job, dad's "impaired" and doesn't give a shit about his kids is all kinds of fucked up. And trust me- it's not just him....

And if people were actually MARRIED they have lots more to stand on when they go to court.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Omfg 1)marriage isnt a fucking end all be all to have kids 2)smoking weed doesnt make someone a druggie its a natural herb. OP sorry your dd and gkids are going thru this. Im glad they have you.
Quoting happinessforyou:

jules2boys
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:59 PM

You need to let this go grandma.  You can't make anyone behave the way you think they should.  If he's lying to others saying your DD isn't 'allowing' him to see his kids, the truth will come out to those that matter, and to those that don't matter, well, their thoughts on things truly don't matter.  I've been lied about for more than 10 years now to those who know BF and SM.  I don't care.  I don't know these people, I don't typically see these people, and if they bothered to ask someone outside of BF/SM, they'd realize that others know the truth (like xMIL, like SMs BM, like the boys themselves).  Shrug.  

This guy wasn't there for your DD and kids when they lived together, WHY would you think them separating would make him be around more?  WHY would you think he'd change his ways now?  He's apparently had 11 years to pull his head out of his A** and be a dad and he's failed thus far, it's time to change your expectations of him and realize this may be the 'best' he's capable of being for/with/to his kids.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:01 PM
Oh please tell me how marriage would make any of this different? It wouldnt. This is talking about dad being a deadbeat.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Slow your roll....  You are all worked up. Maybe there was DRUG use besides your precious pot. I was asking general questions to figure out if maybe grandma is mad at one parent over the other simply because it's her daughter? Maybe the daughter is a great mom- maybe she sucks as bad as the dad.

And having 4 kids, no job, dad's "impaired" and doesn't give a shit about his kids is all kinds of fucked up. And trust me- it's not just him....

And if people were actually MARRIED they have lots more to stand on when they go to court.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Omfg 1)marriage isnt a fucking end all be all to have kids 2)smoking weed doesnt make someone a druggie its a natural herb.

Quoting happinessforyou:

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Sure.... and a woman choosing to live with a loser bears zero responsibility to the kids who have to suffer because 2 people made a whole lot of bad choices??? FOR YEARS!!!  It's never just one parent......

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh please tell me how marriage would make any of this different? It wouldnt. This is talking about dad being a deadbeat.
Quoting happinessforyou:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Omfg 1)marriage isnt a fucking end all be all to have kids 2)smoking weed doesnt make someone a druggie its a natural herb. OP sorry your dd and gkids are going thru this. Im glad they have you.
Quoting happinessforyou:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:09 PM
Again marriage wouldnt solve any of the issues. Ya the woman chose the wrong man but oh well done and over. I personally think single parents need to just make sure they can do it alone without the other parent.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Sure.... and a woman choosing to live with a loser bears zero responsibility to the kids who have to suffer because 2 people made a whole lot of bad choices??? FOR YEARS!!!  It's never just one parent......

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh please tell me how marriage would make any of this different? It wouldnt. This is talking about dad being a deadbeat.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Omfg 1)marriage isnt a fucking end all be all to have kids 2)smoking weed doesnt make someone a druggie its a natural herb.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)