Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not good at all!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My mom was just diagnosed with liver cancer two weeks ago. Yesterday was her first appointment with the oncologist. It is stage 4, there are no viable treatment options left. She was given 1-2 months. This is after a year of being given the run around by her pcp. I am so angry!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:30 PM
I am so sorry. Praying for your family. Is there any chance of a malpractice case? That doctor needs to be taken to task
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:33 PM
I'm so sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Quoting redbottoms: I am so sorry. Praying for your family. Is there any chance of a malpractice case? That doctor needs to be taken to task

My father is considering it but we just found out her pcp has 14 active malpractice suits already!

AnotherKim
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Oh, no. I'm sorry. 

redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:34 PM
wow. He needs to lose his liscense

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting redbottoms: I am so sorry. Praying for your family. Is there any chance of a malpractice case? That doctor needs to be taken to task

My father is considering it but we just found out her pcp has 14 active malpractice suits already!

FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:35 PM

She's never had any treatment? Does she want treatment? If she does, I would recommend a second opinion. No mention of sorafenib? Or a clinical trial? They may not cure her but they could extend life span.

shell3m
by Shell on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:35 PM
Omg....I'm so sorry, so very very sorry. I'd demand to talk to someone in charge with your pcp and I'd also be mailing letters. All my pain and hurt would be unloaded on them. Then I'd call the news station. I'd drag this pcp through the freakin mud. That's just me though.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:55 PM

I am so sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:28 PM
She does not want to be sick for her final days. We were told everything that they could would might give her days but would most definitely make her sick. There is not a system at this point that is not affected.

Quoting FoxForceFive:

She's never had any treatment? Does she want treatment? If she does, I would recommend a second opinion. No mention of sorafenib? Or a clinical trial? They may not cure her but they could extend life span.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:30 PM

Define "the run-around"?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)