Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We took away dd's bedroom of 13 years

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
She tried not to be upset but I later found her in her room crying.

My mom had to move in with us and she had to take dd's room. It's the only room on the 1st floor and she can't walk up the stairs.

There's not much any of us could do. My mom has to have the room but I feel bad dd is sad about losing her old room. Her new room isn't half as big as her old one so it be an adjustment. Hopefully decorating it will cheer her up.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Life is full of sacrifices.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That's unfortunate for your DD but sometimes life just works out the way it works out. It's a life lesson.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:58 PM

obviously your dd was not taught 'compassion' or 'empathy'

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:01 PM
15 moms liked this

People are capable of more than one feeling. It doesn't sound like the girl made a fuss or a scene. She was crying alone in her room. She's allowed to be sad that she's losing her room and be able to understand that her grandmother needs it more.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I get it, and hopefully she understands that Grandma is unable to walk up and down the stairs.  I actually think it's find she cried, and she didn't do it in front of Grandma, or make a stink about it.  I also think it's great that you are taking care of Grandma!

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM

teenagers are so emotional, it's exhausting. take her to the paint store and let pick out the color she wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM
Poor kid

I agree that decorating the new room could help, take her shopping for cute things to decorate the new room with, fun organizing stuff and her favorite color, go on Pinterest together and figure out how you want to do it

Hopefully that helps
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM
5 moms liked this
Having compassion and empathy doesn't mean you can't feel sad. She's likely a teenager, and had an emotional attachment to the room. Crying alone in her room is a lot different than throwing a fit or demanding she keep her room or causing a problem. She handled it gracefully. Caring for another person doesn't mean you can't mourn what you lose in the process.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM
😢 It's an adjustment; she's allowed to be sad. She handled the change very maturely and graciously and that should be recognized and commended.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

you don't have a teenager girl do you?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)