Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I'm having an abortion next week and wondered if anyone else here has had one? Does it hurt? Did you feel sad after?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HartFullofChaos
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:07 PM
Never had one. But worked as a tech. No woman complained of pain. Although They were given a bottle of prescription strength Tylenol before leaving. Several felt sad and emotional after. Several passed out from it.

Speak to whomever does your procedure and ask for referrals to a counseling if you worry about post emotions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM
A girl in my class had one last year and she got all sad and everything. She sits by herself at school and doesn't even talk to get friends any more.
MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:12 PM
During a miscarriage (spontaneous abortion) or induced abortion, your hormone levels are abruptly changed. So it is common to feel emotional or experience strong shifts in feelings. You may alternate between sadness and relief. Most women find this passes after a few days and return to their regular life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:14 PM
I had one in 1997 when I was 18. I was put under a light sedation and didn't feel anything just some cramping afterwards. I have no regrets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:14 PM
I've never had one but want to wish you luck. Don't let the idiots bring you down. Make this decision for YOU not anyone else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:16 PM
Did you just feel like you were too young to have a baby? U don't have to answer if u don't want to. I'm 15 and I can't raise a baby yet

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had one in 1997 when I was 18. I was put under a light sedation and didn't feel anything just some cramping afterwards. I have no regrets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:17 PM
Thank you. I think I'm gonna have to go live with my dad after. Mom is mad I got preggo.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I've never had one but want to wish you luck. Don't let the idiots bring you down. Make this decision for YOU not anyone else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:18 PM
Please dont have an abortion. Put the baby up for adoption.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:18 PM
I found out three weeks before moving away to college. I was definitely too young. We used protection and the condom broke. You have your entire life ahead of you. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Did you just feel like you were too young to have a baby? U don't have to answer if u don't want to. I'm 15 and I can't raise a baby yet

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had one in 1997 when I was 18. I was put under a light sedation and didn't feel anything just some cramping afterwards. I have no regrets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Are you going to adopt the baby? If not then STFU.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Please dont have an abortion. Put the baby up for adoption.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)