Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to go outside.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
My son has been asking me to go outside to play since we woke up at 8am. It is now 2pm. My dd is having a nap now, and it's just to hot right now... I told him we will go outside at 4pm when its cooler.

He will not leave me alone about it. I am trying to do house work, deal with bills all morning. and now work my business for a short bit while dd is napping (and trying to get ds to do a small craft)

Ds is 5.(he is going into grade one in the fall) even though its in the back (we live in an apt building and the back yard is shared and open)

I just don't want to go outside.... I have stuff to do in here. There is no one to watch them, I don't have money to pay a mothers helper. And dh is in hospital for god knows how long...

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:09 PM

i got nothing.

hope your dh gets well soon!

Southern_Song
by Jo on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM
I'm outside 90% of the waking day with the kids but I guess do you. Yes I'm outside now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:12 PM
send him out alone and just check on him. He is old enough to go out back and play alone for a bit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:14 PM
I don't agree. And if my nosey neighours see that then I would get a call from cps

Quoting Anonymous 2: send him out alone and just check on him. He is old enough to go out back and play alone for a bit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:16 PM
well then you get to listen to him whine I guess.
Welcome to parenting. You give them what they want or you deal with the whining

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't agree. And if my nosey neighours see that then I would get a call from cps

Quoting Anonymous 2: send him out alone and just check on him. He is old enough to go out back and play alone for a bit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:17 PM
FYI with little boys its best to get them outside first thing in the morning and let them burn all that energy off and then they are more manageable the rest of the day. I have twin boys. I know from experience. A trip to the playground was our first stop every morning
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:19 PM
I am always outside. With my kids. Without my kids.

I woukd take him outside and do bills out there while you watch him.
angela.barlow
by Ange on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM
That's what we do. We go after breakfast.

Quoting Anonymous 2: FYI with little boys its best to get them outside first thing in the morning and let them burn all that energy off and then they are more manageable the rest of the day. I have twin boys. I know from experience. A trip to the playground was our first stop every morning
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM
I would tell him if he doesn't listen to mommy and let her finish her work we are not going outside at all today. He's old enough to play by himself for a little while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We go out at 8:30 as soon as breakfast is over. Why not go out and get it over with?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)