Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for Jeep owners

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
We just bought a new Jeep. We have had them before but never one that has the hard and soft top.

Do you have a hard top on, or soft top on? What are the pros and cons of each?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:19 PM
Bump
mnmbaby
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM
The Wrangler? All we have is the soft top, and it's fun to take the doors off, put the top down, and just cruise.
Rg41907
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:14 PM
We have a 1989 Grand Wagoneer. It can get through 4 feet of snow with no problem. All my kids will drive it when they get their license for a couple of years, it's a tank.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:20 PM
I've had both a soft top and hard top. I feel like the soft top is more convenient to put the top back on if it rains. The hard top I had had the panels but they took up a lot of trunk space and to take the whole top off I would have to leave it at home which didn't work where I live with random showers even when it's sunny. The soft top is louder but I have the premium one on mine and it's not that loud
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:22 PM
My Jeep is garage kept so for me it doesn't matter much since it doesn't get as cold as keeping it outside and once it's on and running and warms up it stays warm in there but I know people who do soft top in the summer and hard top in the winter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:24 PM
I have a Cherokee so this doesn't apply to me. But, I would LOVE a wrangler. Like, dream car for real.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:54 PM
Yes. We got the new wrangler chief. We have had everything off. But I think I like it with hard top on, front panels off and doors off. Better than the soft top.

Quoting mnmbaby: The Wrangler? All we have is the soft top, and it's fun to take the doors off, put the top down, and just cruise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM
We have had 6 Cherokees, all early 2000s. Our favorite just got totaled. We just bought a new Wrangled Chief.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I have a Cherokee so this doesn't apply to me. But, I would LOVE a wrangler. Like, dream car for real.
mnmbaby
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Ours is a 94 or 95, so I don't even know if we could even put a hard top on it, actually. We don't even really drive it anymore. It needs a new steering column and we haven't had the money to replace it yet.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes. We got the new wrangler chief. We have had everything off. But I think I like it with hard top on, front panels off and doors off. Better than the soft top.

Quoting mnmbaby: The Wrangler? All we have is the soft top, and it's fun to take the doors off, put the top down, and just cruise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)