Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What don't you understand?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

What's out there that you don't get?  I don't get people (besides teenagers) that take tons of selfies and then post them.  I don't get it.  Do they want acknowledgement that, "Hey, you look great!." or "Hey, yes, I see your cleavage!"  - it's tiring

I don't get it.  What don't you get?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Same as you. I guess because I grew up in a different time, but I'm only 36.

What I also don't understand are people who love to brag about how hard they are to get along with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:31 PM

I don't understand that either but hey I guess to each their own.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What's out there that you don't get?  I don't get people (besides teenagers) that take tons of selfies and then post them.  I don't get it.  Do they want acknowledgement that, "Hey, you look great!." or "Hey, yes, I see your cleavage!"  - it's tiring

I don't get it.  What don't you get?

TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I know a girl who posts selfies and then says things like "I still look good and I have a kid."  My thought is who is she trying to convince?  Kind of seems like a self esteem issue to me.  They need the comments.

Lo428
by get over yourself on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Didn't know having a kid meant you weren't supposed to look good anymore. Interesting. Lol

Quoting TinkTink205:

I know a girl who posts selfies and then says things like "I still look good and I have a kid."  My thought is who is she trying to convince?  Kind of seems like a self esteem issue to me.  They need the comments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
This is exactly true. I read a study that said the number of times a day a person checks their FB is directly related to their self-esteem.

Quoting TinkTink205:

TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM

Lol.  I've had 4.

Quoting Lo428: Didn't know having a kid meant you weren't supposed to look good anymore. Interesting. Lol
Quoting TinkTink205:

TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM

It releases endorphins much like drugs.

Quoting Anonymous 4: This is exactly true. I read a study that said the number of times a day a person checks their FB is directly related to their self-esteem.
Quoting TinkTink205:

Lo428
by get over yourself on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM
Well, I guess you're supposed to be hideous! šŸ˜‚

Quoting TinkTink205:

Lol.  I've had 4.

Quoting Lo428: Didn't know having a kid meant you weren't supposed to look good anymore. Interesting. Lol

Quoting TinkTink205:

Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Women who stay with men who disrespect and mistreat them; women who say they are not feminists; trump voters; women who brag about being bitches; science deniers; anti-vax parents; uggs.
TinkTink205
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Well they're beautiful so I haven't really thought about it too much.  My dh is still around...

Quoting Lo428: Well, I guess you're supposed to be hideous! šŸ˜‚
Quoting TinkTink205:

Lol.  I've had 4.

Quoting TinkTink205:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)