Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My life is a disaster

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

There's a huge backstory and of course I don't have time to go into it, but I just went to the doctor today. Among other things (weight, cholesterol, bad knees, etc.) the doctor told me I was depressed. I've never thought of myself as a depressed type person, I mean I don't walk around all sad sack and stuff. But she started asking me these questions - how much TV are you watching, is your house getting messier and messier, do you interact with your kids, how often is sex, how often are you showering, etc.

I've put on so much weight, and I just want to lay around and eat. I don't want to 'deal' with anything, I much prefer it when my husband isn't around, so I encourage him on his OT, or to go out with friends whenever he wants, etc. 

Now that I know this, and I'm getting a prescription and therapy to help with it, I've decided not to tell my husband. I was driving home after the appointment, and I realized that I was panicking about telling him because he'd either A) not stay anything at all, B) say something shitty or C) not believe me. 

And then I had to just pull over because I started crying, after I decided not to tell him. I guess I just realized he's not really a partner in my life. 

Then I started thinking back on all the things I don't say to him, don't tell him, etc. because I know that his reaction will be just awful. Man, I got a lot of thinking to do. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:33 PM
Big hugs to you! Good luck with everything. It sounds like this doctor's appointment was a blessing in disguise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:33 PM

If he isn't part of the solution, he must be part (or most) of the problem.

myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM
You have a great doctor!
RobJar
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM
Why wouldn't you want to tell your husband?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:38 PM

you don't 'need' any kind of prescription other than getting away from that 'man' you married, who does NOTHING for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)