Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some suggestions please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
My mil is flying home from a trip this evening. We have been picking up her mail and keeping an eye on her house for the 4 weeks. Dh will be bringing her home right around dinner time. I know she will be tired so I thought maybe it would be nice to leave her something to eat at home. The problem, she is an EXTREMELY picky eater. She hasn't liked anything I cooked. When she eats out, she complains about everything. I am stumped as to what to leave her that she will actually like. Do you ladies have any brilliant ideas? I asked DH and typical man response, "don't worry about it". What would you do? Maybe DH is right and, I shouldn't worry about it. Ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:34 PM
?
Anonymous
?
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM
Bump
BeautifulMomof1
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM
If dh said don't worry about it, I wouldn't worry about it . .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:37 PM
I know. I just know there is literally nothing in her kitchen.

Quoting BeautifulMomof1: If dh said don't worry about it, I wouldn't worry about it . .
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Then get her a gift card for a restaurant or grocery store and let her get what she wants.

I know you're trying to be considerate, but if she's that bad you'll just end up causing yourself more stress over something that doesn't need to be an issue to begin with.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know. I just know there is literally nothing in her kitchen.
Quoting BeautifulMomof1: If dh said don't worry about it, I wouldn't worry about it . .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Your husband said don't worry about it and you admit that she's probably not going to like whatever you make/get. Just don't worry about it. She's a grown woman and can feed herself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:40 PM
Any brilliant ideas?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:41 PM
I guess you're right.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Your husband said don't worry about it and you admit that she's probably not going to like whatever you make/get. Just don't worry about it. She's a grown woman and can feed herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)