Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 6 of new diet

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
Gained 2lbs. Wtf?!
Maybe I'll lose in the upcoming week. It could be just because I barely started right?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Depends.  What are you eating?  What exercise are you doing?

Trouser.Mouse
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you need a good poop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:41 PM
I thought so too but it didn't work. Lol

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Maybe you need a good poop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:43 PM

Youir weight can fluctuate from day to day. That's why you should only weigh yourself once a week. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:43 PM
Low carb. Right now I'm eating a dark greens salad with half a serving of sliced almonds and full serving of balsamic vinaigrette, 4 slices of turkey bacon. And my 3rd full glass of water. I've been in ketosis for 3 days even.
I've been walking after dinner and playing with the kids which involves running. And then some hiit workouts but I fucked up my knee last night so today I'll have to do some upper body.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:44 PM
Well 1 day shy of a week. Last week I weighs 170. Today 172. I'm not giving up. I'll give it another week or so before considering adjustments but I expected to at least stay at 170.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Youir weight can fluctuate from day to day. That's why you should only weigh yourself once a week. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

What you're experiencing is normal for that kind of diet, which by the way, does not work as a long-term solution.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Low carb. Right now I'm eating a dark greens salad with half a serving of sliced almonds and full serving of balsamic vinaigrette, 4 slices of turkey bacon. And my 3rd full glass of water. I've been in ketosis for 3 days even. I've been walking after dinner and playing with the kids which involves running. And then some hiit workouts but I fucked up my knee last night so today I'll have to do some upper body.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:49 PM
Why not? Sure I'll add healthy carbs back in later but if I continue to eat right and exercise I should pack on the weight I gained from eating fast food right?

Quoting corticosteroid:

What you're experiencing is normal for that kind of diet, which by the way, does not work as a long-term solution.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Low carb. Right now I'm eating a dark greens salad with half a serving of sliced almonds and full serving of balsamic vinaigrette, 4 slices of turkey bacon. And my 3rd full glass of water. I've been in ketosis for 3 days even.
I've been walking after dinner and playing with the kids which involves running. And then some hiit workouts but I fucked up my knee last night so today I'll have to do some upper body.

Quoting corticosteroid:

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:51 PM

Define "healthy carbs"?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why not? Sure I'll add healthy carbs back in later but if I continue to eat right and exercise I should pack on the weight I gained from eating fast food right?
Quoting corticosteroid:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Low carb. Right now I'm eating a dark greens salad with half a serving of sliced almonds and full serving of balsamic vinaigrette, 4 slices of turkey bacon. And my 3rd full glass of water. I've been in ketosis for 3 days even. I've been walking after dinner and playing with the kids which involves running. And then some hiit workouts but I fucked up my knee last night so today I'll have to do some upper body.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Like from beans and the vegetables containing carbs. A little bit of brown rice in I assign maybe? Quinoa. Stuff like that. The more complex carbs that don't cause an instant spike in blood sugar.
*btw I'm not trying to just challenge you. I was sincerely asking.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Define "healthy carbs"?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why not? Sure I'll add healthy carbs back in later but if I continue to eat right and exercise I should pack on the weight I gained from eating fast food right?

Quoting corticosteroid:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Low carb. Right now I'm eating a dark greens salad with half a serving of sliced almonds and full serving of balsamic vinaigrette, 4 slices of turkey bacon. And my 3rd full glass of water. I've been in ketosis for 3 days even.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)