Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SDs pulled out of our family trip, I'm pissed and upset

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
We were supposed to go on a trip the last week of august. We asked them a month ago and they said okay. They're 23 and 21, neither are married or with kids and are frankly the kind of girls who party too much but they since they support themselves and went to college etc Dh doesn't feel it's his place to say anything

Anyway we have two dds, one 5 and one 7. They idolize my sds. My sds are nice to them but never act overly close or come to their stuff, which upsets my girls. But again, Dh doesn't say anything.

On Monday we told them we decided on Disney for the trip since we got an amazing deal from a friend. We'd already told our littles that all of us were going on a trip for 10 days (stupidly). When they found out we picked Disney my sds said they'd rather not come now because they don't want to go there for that long and have the entire trip be about little kids.

So when we told my kids about Disney they were excited but my younger one cried when we said the older girls weren't coming. Dh tried to talk to them about it and they just shot him down.

I'm just frustrated. I've tried to make us a decently blended family for so long, and they don't care to be at all. They treat my kids like acquaintances - nice but not sisterly at all - and it's just hurtful.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hart57
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:27 PM
25 moms liked this
This keeps getting posted over and over, just little details changed.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:29 PM
4 moms liked this
You're mad because people in their 20's don't want to go to Disney? Get over it & take your kids to Disney. You can always do something else with the older ones another time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Please, not this again.
Noneya73
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh FFS get some new material troll.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 32 and love Disney. I always want to go back. OP take me take me !!!!!!!

Quoting bluebunnybabe: You're mad because people in their 20's don't want to go to Disney? Get over it & take your kids to Disney. You can always do something else with the older ones another time.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:30 PM
7 moms liked this

This time nobody is on the spectrum.

Quoting hart57: This keeps getting posted over and over, just little details changed.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Did you really think a couple 20 somethings would be excited about that long in Disney?  Why not choose someplace where they could spend some time doing "non kid" things without you and your kids?

MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM
This shit again?
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
See, here you go op! A new big sister for your kids! Lol

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm 32 and love Disney. I always want to go back. OP take me take me !!!!!!!

Quoting bluebunnybabe: You're mad because people in their 20's don't want to go to Disney? Get over it & take your kids to Disney. You can always do something else with the older ones another time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't blame girls that age for not wanting to be all about your young kids all the time. I think a better idea would have been to do 5 days in Disney and maybe 5 days at a beach instead. So they can do kid things some and then do more things their style some. You have to compromise. Heck I love Disney and 10 days there is a lot even for me.

Did you even consult them on any of this? And there is nothing wrong with them partying at that age. That is the time to do it actually before you get married and have kids. Would you rather they party when they have a baby? I mean duh.

You are not innocent in this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)