Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my job so badly!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I'm the business manager. I'm the bad guy. The budget setter, the person who decides to lay someone off if we aren't doing well. The person to terminate employees. The person who says yes or no to raises. The person who says says yes but sometimes has to go back on my word because of business trends.

And mostly, the person who has to enforce the dumbass rules and or punishments that the owners want. While the employees think they are so awesome and great, and I'm the bad guy.

I'm tired. I feel like shit all the the time mentally. No one likes me. They don't trust me. There is no way I could find a job making what I make with flex hours. I'm stuck.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Its tough being the HBIC :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It truly is.

Quoting Sassy762: Its tough being the HBIC :)
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:14 PM
That sucks, but as your employee I'd be pissed too if you said yes to something then had to take it back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:15 PM
So find a new job. Life's too short to be miserable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:16 PM
I know! I understand. Most of the time the owners are the reason I have to go back on my word. They are very cheap and selfish.

Quoting alexmom529: That sucks, but as your employee I'd be pissed too if you said yes to something then had to take it back.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:16 PM
That sucks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know! I understand. Most of the time the owners are the reason I have to go back on my word. They are very cheap and selfish.

Quoting alexmom529: That sucks, but as your employee I'd be pissed too if you said yes to something then had to take it back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:20 PM
Your turn over rate must be crazy, if my boss looked me in the eye and told me that I was going to receive a pay increase and then came back to me and said "sorry, it isn't going to happen" I'd be out the door so fast your head would spin.

Quoting alexmom529: That sucks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know! I understand. Most of the time the owners are the reason I have to go back on my word. They are very cheap and selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:23 PM
Oh no. I've never given a raise and then taken it away. That's cruel. Its been other things. BUT, the owners did do that to me!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your turn over rate must be crazy, if my boss looked me in the eye and told me that I was going to receive a pay increase and then came back to me and said "sorry, it isn't going to happen" I'd be out the door so fast your head would spin.

Quoting alexmom529: That sucks.

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:25 PM

Start looking for a new one! I had a job I hated. I would dread Sundays knowing I'd have to go to that dreadful job on Monday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Monday Blues used to start Sunday night. Now they start Saturday afternoon. Lol

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Start looking for a new one! I had a job I hated. I would dread Sundays knowing I'd have to go to that dreadful job on Monday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)