Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They were going to euthanize him!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I took my 12 year old cat to the vet a couple days ago because of some sores in his mouth. They did blood work, gave him some antibiotics (said it was an allergic reaction) and sent us on our way. Called us today and said we needed to bring our cat in. We went in and they told us he has cancer....inoperable. DEVASTATED! As dh and I were trying to take it all in, the vet said "we've given him some meds so he's comfortable, you can go in and say your goodbye's in soon". Wait.....what???

He's not once shown any signs of discomfort. He's eating, drinking, using the litter box, playing......NOTHING to show he's in any discomfort at all. I told the vet that we will take him home and when he starts showing signs of discomfort we'll call them, but for now..why put him down??

I just coudn't believe that they were going to do it so quickly.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckythreemom
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:08 PM
Get a second opinion
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:08 PM
Yeah that's not right
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:08 PM
Yeah, I'd do the same. My mom had a cat with a cancerous tumor. She let it live until it no longer could. The cat was fine for a while.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:09 PM
I would be pissed.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:09 PM
If they were suggested that it be done now my guess is they don't want him to suffer. Keep a close eye on him because animals hide their pain well.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:11 PM
Id definitely get a 2nd opinion.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:11 PM

There is no way this happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:12 PM

I am definitely keeping an eye on him, and I won't let him suffer at all! But, he's not shown anything to say he's feeling bad.

Quoting KyliesMom5: If they were suggested that it be done now my guess is they don't want him to suffer. Keep a close eye on him because animals hide their pain well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:12 PM
Yeah this didn't happen. No veterinarian euthanizes without consent and signed paperwork.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:12 PM

I'm so sorry about your furbaby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)