Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His mom is ridiculous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
We moved into our house 10 months ago. From about the second month on my son and another little boy have been unseperatable. They usually play at my house and my son doesn't like to sleep away from home.
The neighbor boy is kind and sweet and quiet. I like him over here. I check on them often. I feed them. I play with them.

It's been raining for five days now. We've been wanting to do smores all week. Tonight they asked because it was just a very light rain. The wood was wet and i didn't want to deal with a big fire.
I roasted marshmallows over my burner. The boys were in the living room waiting.

They had one and said they were gonna go tell his mom he was gonna sleep over tonight.

My son just came home crying so hard. And saying he can't have a best friend anymore. He's not allowed to the other boys house or play with him.

I text the mom. She said I put her son in danger and she couldn't allow someone who's reckless be around her kids. I asked why she said all that to my son. And she said because asking for smores was all his idea.

I feel bad for my kid. I just made him another one to cheer him up and told him hopefully the other kids mom will get over this otherwise we'll find a new best friend.

Was I reckless? It's so weird to me that she flipped out over this. I almost want to tell her we used torches in the past for creame brulee. But I'd like my son to have his friend back so I'll give it some time
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:44 PM
She's insane. Your poor kid.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this
She's a whack job. Hopefully she will come to her senses.
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:46 PM
She sounds crazy
dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:47 PM
That's a little erratic.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:47 PM
5 moms liked this
Wow If my son came home and told me you made s'mores on your stove I would be like that mom is so cool doing that for them.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

now you know why the kid was available for your son.his mom chased away everyone else..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait, I'm confused. Does she know that you roasted the marshmallow for them? Is she saying you're irresponsible for turning the burner on while her kid was in your house? Does she expect you to never cook when her kid is around?
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:59 PM
How odd. I would probably ask her what the problem was since you toasted the marshmallows. Heck I let my kids do them with a lighter once at a neighbors. They were closely supervised and the younger ones had someone else hold the lighter.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:02 PM
No you were not. She sounds like a nut.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:04 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe she thought you let them do it themselves or maybe she has a problem with smores?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Wait, I'm confused. Does she know that you roasted the marshmallow for them? Is she saying you're irresponsible for turning the burner on while her kid was in your house? Does she expect you to never cook when her kid is around?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)