Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you do sleep overs?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Ds5 is having his first sleepover tonight. They're here in my house. The little boy is the son of a close friend. They ran around the yard throwing water balloons, we lit the leftover sparklers, ate pizza, popped some popcorn and watched a movie.

It got me thinking. Do you allow sleepovers? If you do, do you ask the awkward questions regarding firearms? My friend knows we have a gun and her husband has hundreds. We keep ours locked away, I made sure of it before the kids came home, but she never asked.

I am actually unsure if they keep all of their guns locked up. If I had to guess I would say they don't because they are kind of in the middle of nowhere. They do have a one year old baby and a six year old son so I'm sure they are not within reach. I know I will have to ask this question if my son ever wants to stay at their house, or anywhere really.

This gives me such anxiety about future sleepovers. I read that most kids know where the firearms are located in the home even when the parents don't think they do.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:54 PM
I've never had anyone ask me about firearms, although we don't have any.

The only weird thing anyone's ever asked me when their kid slept over was that I take their booster seat so I could transport their dd in it the next day. She was in 6th grade. It was so awkward because she was so embarrassed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:57 PM
Yikes! I can't say I blame the poor kid for being embarrassed.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've never had anyone ask me about firearms, although we don't have any.

The only weird thing anyone's ever asked me when their kid slept over was that I take their booster seat so I could transport their dd in it the next day. She was in 6th grade. It was so awkward because she was so embarrassed.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:00 PM

we do but not often... and i'm okay with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:00 PM
So far, we've only done sleepovers with my nieces and nephews. I know that my brothers have guns, and I know that they keep them locked up so it hasn't been an issue. I don't have guns in my home, so no issue there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:01 PM
I ask about firearms and if they will be unsupervised at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:01 PM
I dont do sleepovers so here's a bump
kman88
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:01 PM

My dd is 3, she's had one sleepover and no the kids parents did not ask if we have a firearm, but the live next door and I'm assuming know us well enough to know we don't. 

Dd and I have slumber parties at my friends all the time. (Have one planned tomorrow) I have honestly never thought to ask, but did find out recently my other friend we have sleepovers at does have a couple guns, locked in a gun safe, in her closet. I guess I never thought about it since I did know she was in the army. 

paTrollDog
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:01 PM
No way!! No kids come here and ours go nowhere. Our dd7 goes to my MIL every Saturday night until Sunday, after church. We do not take risks with safety or bugs people can travel in and one with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:02 PM
Was she short? My daughter is tiny, she's only in 4th grade but still uses a booster.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've never had anyone ask me about firearms, although we don't have any.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:02 PM
We have sleepovers all the time, both girls just had double sleepovers. No one has ever asked me about guns.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)