Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the hell would you say that to a child?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 262 Replies
Just a little while ago we were in the birthday party of one of DS9's friend. I went along with DS6 and DS3. There were other kids there with their parents but most of them also too took their leave after what happened.

Before explaining what happened, I want to add that the mom of DS's friend is not a very pleasant person. She is unnecesarily rude most of the time, she has had problems with other parents in the past due to her rudeness. I only deal with her because her son and mine are best friends.

Everything was going pretty well, everyone was enjoying themselves and the kids wetr having fun (She yelled a few times at kids but overall no one really mind her, the other parents just controlled their children). Problem was when she placed the cake on the table.

She set the cake on the table, the kids came running and gatheted around the table, I was holding my youngest but my 6yo and my oldest were on the other side of the table. My 3yo was telling me something when all of the sudden I just hear her yelling "Keep your damn dirty hands off the cake!" And when I look up she was holding my 6yo's wrist and he began to cry due to the surprise.

Now, I know it was wrong for him to reach for the cake and I told him so, but really, was it necessary to yell at the top of your lungs at a young child because of it? And grab him. I told her that was unnecesary but apologized to her for my son's behaviour and that I'd keep my eyes on him but that it was not nice or necessary to yell like that at a child and she got mad, because "I should learn to control my kids better".

Other parents also told her it was not necesaary to make such a big deal, because a kid touching the cake happens all the time and she got more and more worked up. After that I decided we wete done there, thanked her for receiving us in her house, apologizrd for the inconvinience once again, took my kids and left. After me many other parents left as well.

What do you think of this situation? I agree my son was wrong and I told him so, but I don't think anyone should yell at a child like she did for something so small. What would you have done in that situation?

**Just to stop thosr assumigng my younger kids were not invited: They WERE invited by her to the party and I even adkrd her once again to make sutr it was still okay to take them all there and she said it was fine.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RDragoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:38 PM
8 moms liked this
No one cusses at my child. Everything else I could have handled but not that, and I would have left as well. I would allow your son's best friend at your house but I would not send any child of mine into her keeping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:38 PM
8 moms liked this
I think I would have reminded my child not to touch the cake, had my dd apologize to the lady and then I'd have told the lady that I don't appreciate her swearing at my child. I would have taken whatever gift I had brought and went home and my kid wouldn't be going to their house or to any other parties again. The kid could come to my house if he wanted but that would be it.
luckythreemom
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:39 PM
35 moms liked this
Parties are stressful and to have cake ruined by a kid that is not my own, might set me off too. While she probably didn't need to yell at him, 6 years old is way too old to do something like that IMHO.
libbybell
by on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
It could have been worded better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:40 PM
9 moms liked this
Well, she wasn't wrong...no one wants dirty nasty hands on their cake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes i would be upset at her yelling. But I wouldn't make a thing of it. People parent differently. Your six year old knows better.
Just don't have your kids over to her house.
GraciousDivaMom
by on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah..it sounds like she has anger issues, she was all the way wrong,your child is only 6..kids do not have impulse control like adults do..
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this
She didn't have to yell and she damn sure didn't need to grab him by the wrist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:43 PM
I can understand her frustration but she certainly could have handled it better. From then on I would only allow her son at my house not the other way around. She sounds like a pain in the ass.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:43 PM
4 moms liked this

I think I would be more pissed off that she felt she had the right to touch my child, especially with me standing right there.  That's a huge NO!  Fuck what she said.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)