Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the hell would you say that to a child?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just a little while ago we were in the birthday party of one of DS9's friend. I went along with DS6 and DS3. There were other kids there with their parents but most of them also too took their leave after what happened.

Before explaining what happened, I want to add that the mom of DS's friend is not a very pleasant person. She is unnecesarily rude most of the time, she has had problems with other parents in the past due to her rudeness. I only deal with her because her son and mine are best friends.

Everything was going pretty well, everyone was enjoying themselves and the kids wetr having fun (She yelled a few times at kids but overall no one really mind her, the other parents just controlled their children). Problem was when she placed the cake on the table.

She set the cake on the table, the kids came running and gatheted around the table, I was holding my youngest but my 6yo and my oldest were on the other side of the table. My 3yo was telling me something when all of the sudden I just hear her yelling "Keep your damn dirty hands off the cake!" And when I look up she was holding my 6yo's wrist and he began to cry due to the surprise.

Now, I know it was wrong for him to reach for the cake and I told him so, but really, was it necessary to yell at the top of your lungs at a young child because of it? And grab him. I told her that was unnecesary but apologized to her for my son's behaviour and that I'd keep my eyes on him but that it was not nice or necessary to yell like that at a child and she got mad, because "I should learn to control my kids better".

Other parents also told her it was not necesaary to make such a big deal, because a kid touching the cake happens all the time and she got more and more worked up. After that I decided we wete done there, thanked her for receiving us in her house, apologizrd for the inconvinience once again, took my kids and left. After me many other parents left as well.

What do you think of this situation? I agree my son was wrong and I told him so, but I don't think anyone should yell at a child like she did for something so small. What would you have done in that situation?

**Just to stop thosr assumigng my younger kids were not invited: They WERE invited by her to the party and I even adkrd her once again to make sutr it was still okay to take them all there and she said it was fine.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2017 at 9:32 PM
Replies (261-262):
Shai4710
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2017 at 7:48 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Anonymous 8: I love all you crazy woman who would rather go to jail and have your child go into emergency foster care than to discipline your child or have someone else discipline your child.
Quoting Shai4710:

She would've gotten clocked right there. I don't care what he did. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Jul. 19, 2017 at 9:25 PM
No dear, nobody is charging a person for preventing a child from touching a cake.

Quoting Shai4710:

Big deal!  Like I care! You would've went right along with me for putting your hands on my child!

Quoting Anonymous 47: I would've had your ass in jail right then and there too.

Quoting Shai4710:

She would've gotten clocked right there. I don't care what he did. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)