Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mobile Photo

We just got home from a weekend camping trip and my 10 year old just found out the new doctor is a woman. Whe screamed so loud I thought she found a spider in her bag or something. Lol!!
by on Jul. 16, 2017 at 10:33 PM
Replies (31-37):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 2:48 PM
I agree I'm not sure why it would "ruin the show" but I think whatever they do people are going to be upset. People were also mad because capaldi is so much older than the previous doctors, I thought he was hilarious.

Quoting jslpruitt: I honestly don't understand what people are so upset about. As long as she is a great Doctor does it really matter the gender.
Donna.Dr.Friend
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 5:13 PM
Oh ok, the male to female regenerations I've seen happen in later seasons. Won't say too much so I don't accidently drop any spoilers on you ☺.

And honestly, I totally could have seen River deciding to be a man for "life"or two if she'd had more regenerations. She was just unpredictable enough, but she only got two regenerations. She can't regenerate anymore.

Quoting BCauseImAwesome: To my knowledge he is. But I only just finished season 7. So to me it makes no sense if he always regenerated male and river always regenerated female and nowhere is it ever mentioned cross regeneration. I understand apparently this has happened since, did they give an adequate explanation or just timeless can regenerate to whatever? Because that's not good enough for me personally.

Quoting Donna.Dr.Friend: It's not hard to explain. Time Lord's can take pretty much any look/ gender they want. The Doctor is not the first to regenerate to the opposite sex.

Quoting BCauseImAwesome:

my SO is super excited for the doctor to be a woman. I just wanna  know how they are going to explain it. I dont think its awesome but i dont care enough to be upset.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a feeling it was about to happen. Hell if the master can become missy, why not?

Plus, the new doctor has been on broadchurch with David Tennant, so. Talk about getting some first hand advice!

Im excited and a little worried how people will react, but looking forward to it nonetheless.

Donna.Dr.Friend
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 5:21 PM
I agree, people need to give her a fair chance. She's a really good actress. Watched her in Broadchurch and I think she can definitely bring the emotional depth needed.

I also thought Capaldi was hilarious. I especially loved him with Bill. And with Missy. I love Missy.

Quoting LCWAmommy: I agree I'm not sure why it would "ruin the show" but I think whatever they do people are going to be upset. People were also mad because capaldi is so much older than the previous doctors, I thought he was hilarious.

Quoting jslpruitt: I honestly don't understand what people are so upset about. As long as she is a great Doctor does it really matter the gender.
jslpruitt
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 7:08 PM
I think this was the best season with him in it.

Clara didn't make a good companion for him IMO, but bill was great.

Can't wait to see what's she brings to the table

Quoting LCWAmommy: I agree I'm not sure why it would "ruin the show" but I think whatever they do people are going to be upset. People were also mad because capaldi is so much older than the previous doctors, I thought he was hilarious.

J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 7:10 PM
I was hoping for a red headed doctor and a male companion lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: This is what I'm imagining...First episodes with the new doctor....."what's this? I've got boobs! I'm a girl??? And still not ginger!"
luvmy002girls
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 7:12 PM
We're excited in this family!

My response to everyone who's butthurt has been
"The Doctors name is Susan now and she would like you to respect her life choices"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)