Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD and trash

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So yesterday we took the kids to the beach and then to an overview park that has picnic areas and nature trails.
My 11 year old DD picked up other peoples trash at both places.
She asked me why people had to be so gross. She said people who just throw their trash at pretty places should be ashamed. I have to say I agree.
Do you litter? Do you pick up trash left on the ground if you see it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2017 at 7:15 AM
Replies (51-54):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2017 at 2:01 PM
We always do. If gloves are not with us we use sticks.

Quoting Anonymous 12:

this exactly -- and HEP B will stay on a bottle, too....

WEAR GLOVES!!!

Quoting HartFullofChaos: People are fucking crazy these days those. The same people that hide blades in playgrounds would likely leave a needle out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The chances of that are slim. And she is always super careful

Quoting HartFullofChaos: But you don't know if there is a needle under the piece of hamburger wrapper she reaches for.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I won't allow her to pick up any bio hazardous waste. Just typical trash.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Please be sure your daughter wears gloves to protect her hands from anything sharp like hypodermic needles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM
We just pick up litter off the ground....never from the can. And we always wear gloves

Quoting Anonymous 12:

You don't know that unless you can tell the future or sit there manning the trash can and what goes it in 24/7

Quoting Anonymous 1: The chances of that are slim. And she is always super careful

Quoting HartFullofChaos: But you don't know if there is a needle under the piece of hamburger wrapper she reaches for.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I won't allow her to pick up any bio hazardous waste. Just typical trash.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Please be sure your daughter wears gloves to protect her hands from anything sharp like hypodermic needles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 2:18 PM

No, I do not litter. No, I do not pick up trash left on the ground if I see it.

texanmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 11:20 PM

We don't litter, and we pickup at least 10 pieces of trash left behind by others when we go to parks and other similar places.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)