Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our vacation for our one year anniversary

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Thursday we are taking the kids to a local hiking trail that is surrounded in giant rocks and has caves.
Then around 2 pm we are going to go to camp all of us as a family. Friday we are doing an archery compition with the kids and some friends.
Saturday is a lazy day at camp with kids and friends. We will be going to a waterfall do pics with the wedding party and the kids. Sunday we will leave camp and spend the day at the beach and local nature parks.Then go home
On Monday dh and I will leave in the morning and go to Niagara falls where we will spend the day alone. Doing nature hiking. Its going to be over 8 hours of hiking and walking.
Well my sister thinks its selfish of us to go to the falls without the kids. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2017 at 7:27 AM
Replies (31-36):
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 11:27 AM
I don't think it's ever selfish to do something without the kids.
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jul. 17, 2017 at 11:32 AM

I think you are allowed a day as a couple, and not take the kids to every damn thing you want to do.  Your SIL is just pissed that she's not going to the falls.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 17, 2017 at 11:35 AM

That kind of trip sounds like misery to me but as far as you going to the falls alone with dh why the hell would she see a problem with that?? It's your anniversary.

kvolm2016
by Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 1:20 PM

It is unfortunate that your sister is causing grief over your decision but every relationship expert will tell you that it is necessary and important to do things as a couple WITHOUT your kids.  You were a couple before you were a family and you will be a couple after the kids are grown so you need to maintain a healthy relationship by doing fun things together!  As a matter of fact, don't just wait for your anniversary, make it happen throughout the year.  Hope you have a wonderful time together :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2017 at 1:23 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words. And we have date nights and long walks just the two of us all the time. I agree with the importance of maintaining a healthy relationship

Quoting kvolm2016:

It is unfortunate that your sister is causing grief over your decision but every relationship expert will tell you that it is necessary and important to do things as a couple WITHOUT your kids.  You were a couple before you were a family and you will be a couple after the kids are grown so you need to maintain a healthy relationship by doing fun things together!  As a matter of fact, don't just wait for your anniversary, make it happen throughout the year.  Hope you have a wonderful time together :)

kvolm2016
by Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 2:57 PM

Is your sister married with kids?  Maybe you could help your sister with some insight into why it is important instead of selfish to do things without the kids. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you so much for your kind words. And we have date nights and long walks just the two of us all the time. I agree with the importance of maintaining a healthy relationship
Quoting kvolm2016:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)