Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a spin off of another post on vacationing with kids..

We love taking our kids away with us and they have seen much if the world at very young ages. I never really found traveling with them to be overly stressful. Until Disney. People LOVEEEEE Disney World and I have to be honest, I'm in no rush to go back. Taking 3 kids 5 and under to Italy for 2 weeks was less stressful than being in a Disney for 4 days. I won't say we will never go back because the kids liked it of course but I'm not exactly excitedly booking our next visit. Anyone else not really love Disney World/land and prefer fo go elsewhere?

by on Jul. 17, 2017 at 9:23 AM
Replies (191-200):
sjump25
by on Jul. 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM

I feel the exact same way about Disney.  It was so hyped up when I was planning our trip.  I left feeling like i'd be happy if we never did that again.

GOBryan
by on Jul. 18, 2017 at 9:05 AM

I live 45 minutes from Disney World. I like it but I also know the best time to go, when it's no so full and I don't have to spend te whole day there. I can buy annual passes and go for around 3 hours at a time.  

Now, when we say DisneyWorld.. well there's The Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Planet, MGM or whatever they call it now, PLUS the water parks..  There's lots to do but you need to know when and how.. 

DisneyLand doesn't impress me.. That's no better than any other amusement park. 

countrymomma81
by on Jul. 18, 2017 at 9:11 AM

I'm not a Disney fan either. People around here treat Disney as if it's the greatest place ever. Now, I'll admit....I've never been there. But. I'm not a fan of anything Disney in general. I'm not a fan of crowds or over priced, tacky souvenirs, nor am I a fan of being in the stifling humidity for long periods of time. 

I've told DH that I'd gladly pay for our kids to go when they are of age to go on their own but I have zero intentions of going. We do want to go to Universal Studios and maybe I wouldn't mind the Disney water parks, but as for the actual park itself, I'll pass. 

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Never been to disney and not sure if we will ever go.

zandhmom2
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM

I didn't care much for disney either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jul. 18, 2017 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Why did you go on a deleting spree? Did you get caught trolling? I saw a bunch of posts from you yesterday lol.
taiyo218
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2017 at 11:07 AM
I like Disney World over Disneyland, but I won't go to either during the summer or spring break.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Jul. 18, 2017 at 12:28 PM
I have been there 2x and really do not see the problem. But we live in fl so to us it's no big deal. But I think the problem is people take young kids there and it's really not for every child. And I would def go when there is not a lot of tourists! Lol but that means cutting school.

I def prefer Italy!! Lol

junio22
by on Jul. 19, 2017 at 1:23 AM

I hated it! Will never ever go back!

karone04
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2017 at 1:29 AM

We went in 2012 as a christmas present from the inlaws. I loved all the rides. My ds 8 at the time got scared from the Stich's Great Escape. He also didn't like Space Mountain. He is 12 now and went to Kings Island for the first time with my brother last month. I haven't taken a picture of it yet but his face from one of the coasters pictures is funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)