Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong for me to tell my realtor "no poor neighborhoods"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2017 at 12:27 PM
Replies (111-116):
shell3m
by Shell on Jul. 18, 2017 at 3:10 PM
You want what you want, but be prepared for a snarky reaction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Jul. 21, 2017 at 4:01 AM

I told my builders that the school district was very important.   Median income is important as well.   The lower income towns have a median of around 40k 50k(which is extremely low income here) and the more normal, lower to middle class towns are around 95k.  I wouldn't go lower than that.   The lower income areas have a lot of crime, drugs etc.   The local HS had a mix of middle, well off too poor kids.   They had a free/reduced lunch program, but only if you qualify.   For the most part, taxes are so high here, no one poor could afford to buy a house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Jul. 21, 2017 at 4:03 AM

They only do that in low income areas.  I would not want to live in an area where everyone gets free lunch. It is income based here, but you wouldn't want to live in the poor areas.   They are riddled with crime and drugs.  Poverty brings a lot of issues.   The kids go to school and they all have problems.   

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: Here it wouldn't matter since everyone gets free lunch.
Quoting Anonymous 22: I told my realtor no school zones with income based free lunches, no income based housing nearby or apartments. We found a great house in the best school district and we are very happy in our neighborhood. Everyone is respectful and keeps their lawns mowed. I don't want to live around gross people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Jul. 21, 2017 at 4:37 AM

Related image

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jul. 21, 2017 at 4:39 AM

your budget would dictate that. if you have a poor budget, that is where you would live. if it is high, richies it is.

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2017 at 5:02 AM

I don't see why. People can live whereever they want, and can afford to live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)