Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you gotten a prescription for your husband and if you haven't do you find it odd?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So last week my husband ended up picking up poison ivy from somewhere.  He's been taking benadryl and doing every home remedy and over the counter poison ivy products but it's gotten worse and worse.  Today he woke up and his eyes were almost swollen shut so I took him to the urgent care center nearby.  They prescribed him prednisone for 5 days and he has to take Zyrtec every morning and benadryl every night and he's off work for a few days.  I went to fill his prescription and when I told them it was for my husband 2 woman who were right next to me said that they would never go get a prescription for their husbands  because they weren't his mother and he can be a big boy and get it himself. They also said they would dump that lazy trash immediately.  Have you gotten any prescriptions for your husband and do you think it's odd if you haven't for someone to?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2017 at 3:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 3:51 PM
Of course and he has gotten them for me also .
Oh dear we must be attempting to keep our daughter from being an adult . She is 26 , fully employed B.S.N., bought her townhouse last year but yet I have been known to pick up a prescription for her and even bring her favorite soup to her . Yup more signs of lazy do nothing people ... helping them out !!!!!!😜
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM
I'll play.

I get my husbands stuff all the time. I'm a SAHM so it's easier for me if I'm already out and about.
monshine2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 3:54 PM
I have a hard time believing two women said that to you but regardless, yes I have & would again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Probably women from here. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Cafemom sample post:
My husband was in a massive car accident and his head is half severed off and they don't think he'll last the night.

Cafemom sample responses:
Lazy ass price of trash, he should be helping you with the kids! I'd just dump the kids on him and go out.

If he won't put out tonight, then I'd find a fuck buddy.

I was in a bad car wreck and am still waiting on my settlement check. I don't have any money to feed the kids for another week and a half. Pizza anyone?

Quoting KendallsMommee: Who says that to a complete stranger?
HaloSue
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 3:57 PM
Sure, why wouldn't you? I did when DH was alive. My children's, Grandchildren and friends when I was able.
Now I'm not allowed to drive and bedridden so my DDS and CNAs pick mine up.
*Common courtsy
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Since I'm the one out running errands I'm the one who picks up the prescriptions from the pharmacy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM
No but he picks them up on base and they can be kinda picky about it
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I think it's odd that 2 strangers felt the right to tell you how your relationship should be.  Yes, I've gotten prescriptions for my husband and he for I.  I just got one of his a couple of weeks ago for an eye infection.  He was at work, so (gasp!) I went to the pharmacy, got the prescription and drove it to hubby's work (and we live in the middle of nowhere, so it was about 8 miles to the pharmacy, another 12ish miles to his work and another 10ish miles home.  My husband is working to support his family, so I can hardly think he's lazy or trash.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:19 PM
My husband hasn't been written a single prescription in the whole 14 years we've been together. It's crazy. If he were to have one, I would surely be the one to pick it up because I'm the one who runs errands and am at the grocery store or drugstore all the time anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:21 PM
Beat me to it!

Quoting Anonymous 2: On today's episode of Things That Never Happened..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)