Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to eat better, but it's hard

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
The shitty foods are cheaper, easier and taste better
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:07 PM
Healthy feels better.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:07 PM
You're absolutely right, but healthy feels AMAZING!
newwifenmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't completely agree, healthier foods can be quick and IMO taste much better but yes sometimes the better stuff does cost more. Start small,trade out a couple unhealthy things for a healthier version.

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Try looking st skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com, they do lightened up versions of meals there.  Also make sure meal plan and prep at the beginning of the week to set yourself up for success.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:12 PM

visit your local farmers market. you'll find tons of healthy stuff, all super cheap, and most can be made into something delicious in less than 15 minutes.

Malissa1578
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:13 PM

This.

Quoting newwifenmom:

I don't completely agree, healthier foods can be quick and IMO taste much better but yes sometimes the better stuff does cost more. Start small,trade out a couple unhealthy things for a healthier version.

Malissa

"When you put faith, hope and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world."  Zig Ziglar

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:13 PM

So much cooking involved.  I know I suck, but we eat at restaurants A LOT and not fast food. 

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Try looking st skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com, they do lightened up versions of meals there.  Also make sure meal plan and prep at the beginning of the week to set yourself up for success.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I feel like a child sometimes. because I don't really like a variety of vegetables and fruits. I stick to what I know. I can make excuses all day, but a bacon cheeseburger tastes better than anything. 

Quoting mojogirl:

visit your local farmers market. you'll find tons of healthy stuff, all super cheap, and most can be made into something delicious in less than 15 minutes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM

Healthy food makes you feel so much better. I've found that healthy eating really isn't that much, if any, more expensive that processed junk food. It can also be easier and taste delicious! Maybe you just haven't hit your groove with it, yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 17, 2017 at 4:16 PM
I think I need a nap. I read this as "I want to eat butter but it's hard" haha.

I agree
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)