Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative Punishments

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
Have you ever disciplined your child in a way that was creative or strange?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this
Whenever my 4 year old decides he doesn't want to clean up his toys I give him a basket or trash bag. He can decide where they end up. They always go in the basket and his tantrum stops. He is usually really good about cleaning up but once in a while will be a turd and then the trash bag comes out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I stopped doing timeouts or taking things away from my middle child because he just didn't care.  I started giving him a wet towel to wash walls and baseboards.  Now when he starts crossing the line I just ask if he wants to wash walls and he gets his attitude in check LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:45 AM
4 moms liked this

yes, i let them learn natural consequences.... if they refuse to put  on a coat when going out, then they get to be cold...if they left the light on after being told several times to turn it off, the lightbulb is removed....if they dawdle in the morning and miss the bus, they had to walk....if they didn't pick up their toys, mommy would and they wouldn't see said toys again for a long time...

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Natural consequences work best.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

yes, i let them learn natural consequences.... if they refuse to put  on a coat when going out, then they get to be cold...if they left the light on after being told several times to turn it off, the lightbulb is removed....if they dawdle in the morning and miss the bus, they had to walk....if they didn't pick up their toys, mommy would and they wouldn't see said toys again for a long time...

goldpandora
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2017 at 10:22 AM
4 moms liked this

Normally I go for natural consequences but there WAS one time when I was so angry at what they'd done that I strapped them into their high chairs and parked them in front of an entire episode of "The Young and the Restless" for their sins. I couldn't think of anything worse to inflict upon them :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2017 at 10:23 AM
How old were they?

Quoting goldpandora:

Normally I go for natural consequences but there WAS one time when I was so angry at what they'd done that I strapped them into their high chairs and parked them in front of an entire episode of "The Young and the Restless" for their sins. I couldn't think of anything worse to inflict upon them :)

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jul. 22, 2017 at 10:24 AM

I've been known to make them sit or stand in the corner with their hands behind their heads.

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2017 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Not very creative, but I find sentences to be very effective.

Edit to add: mine are 9 and 12... I've made them write like 500 sentences for whatever the offending matter is, especially if it's repetitive.
goldpandora
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2017 at 10:28 AM

Around 9 months ...

Quoting Anonymous 1: How old were they?
Quoting goldpandora:

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2017 at 10:29 AM
For the most part I agree. As long as the natural consequence isn't going to bite me in the ass lol.

Quoting bleumonster: Natural consequences work best.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)