Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cutting the cable cord

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
We are paying like $80 a month for cable and we really do not utilize all the channels. I just bought a smart TV...what are the must have apps? The main things we watch are food network, cbs news, history channel, and late night shows. And DH LOVES football. We already have Netflix.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:31 PM
In have the apps for the major networks, bravo and we have Hulu, Netflix and prime
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Does that run more than $80 a month?

Quoting peanutsmommy1: In have the apps for the major networks, bravo and we have Hulu, Netflix and prime
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Prime is 100 a year, and we use my neices Hulu and a friends Netflix

Quoting Anonymous 1: Does that run more than $80 a month?

Quoting peanutsmommy1: In have the apps for the major networks, bravo and we have Hulu, Netflix and prime
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 22, 2017 at 9:44 PM
We have hulu, netflix, amazon prime, and HBO. We pay about $40/month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 22, 2017 at 11:23 PM
We have Netflix and a jail broken amazon stick. We pay 55 for internet. 13 for Netflix and Kodi is free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 23, 2017 at 12:37 AM
My kodi is messing up. :(

Quoting Anonymous 3: We have Netflix and a jail broken amazon stick. We pay 55 for internet. 13 for Netflix and Kodi is free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 23, 2017 at 12:43 AM

My smart tv came with a bunch of apps already installed, I just prefer cable and never used them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 23, 2017 at 12:45 AM

Mobile Photo

I know why. Tvaddons is down. You likely have a jail broken box that was broken with tvaddons. You need to rebreak it. I use super repo. I dunno if this is clicky or not. But if you go here, it will show you how to fix it.

https://thevpn.guru/tvaddons-alternatives-fusion-install-kodi-17-krypton

Quoting Anonymous 4: My kodi is messing up. :(

Quoting Anonymous 3: We have Netflix and a jail broken amazon stick. We pay 55 for internet. 13 for Netflix and Kodi is free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 23, 2017 at 12:46 AM
$10 Netflix
$50 Internet

I don't have a smart tv
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 23, 2017 at 1:03 AM
My old cable bill was around $200, I already had Netflix, Hulu and Amazon so that's not figured into my saving.

I have Sling (internet cable) with two packages so it's $55, then I added HBO to my Amazon account at $15 a month. Sling as cheaper packages, there was just some channels I had to have that it didn't offer.

We also recently got an Amazon fire tv and put the Kodi app on it, it's awesome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)