Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD16 got an IUD and BM is not okay with it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies

I didnt even know she had it done until BM sat DH and I down and started bitching about it. She said that it must have happened on our time and therefore it is our fault. 

BM found out when she realised SD wasnt using any tampons. At first she thought she must be pregnant but SD told BM she wasnt, she just hasnt had her period because of her IUD 

I honestly dont see the big deal. I mean at least she is protecting herself. She said she made the appointment one day when she usually works and just went and got it done. 

BM is demanding that she gets it removed. That she is too young to get an IUD and that if she is living under her roof she needs to follow her rules. Well DH doesnt have an issue with it he feels that SD gets to make those choices. He wishes she would have given everyone a heads up about it but it is what it is. BM wants us to be a united front and tell her to get it removed. That just isnt going to happen

DH told SD not to worry about it. If BM wants to push it and say she cant live with her she can just live with us full time. 

I really cant believe something as simple as birth control is causing so many issues. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marilyn623
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:32 PM
I would be a little leery of the iud too. I wouldn't freak out about bc, but iud s can cause all sorts of problems.
Gwen.do.lyn
by Member on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:33 PM

While I tend to agree that there needs to be unity between all of you as parents, I think BM is going a little bit overboard. What is it about the IUD that she has taken issue with? Why is there an age limit on birth control in her eyes?

owlyce
by on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:34 PM

I thought that women couldn't get an iud until after they had a child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:34 PM

She feels IUDs are for adults not kids. SD just wanted something that would last a long time. 

Quoting Gwen.do.lyn:

While I tend to agree that there needs to be unity between all of you as parents, I think BM is going a little bit overboard. What is it about the IUD that she has taken issue with? Why is there an age limit on birth control in her eyes?

StonesGirl66
by Alexandra on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:35 PM
Yeah I'd be pissed too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:35 PM

I think that is how it used to be but that isnt the case anymore. My DD got an IUD when she was 22 before she had kids 

Quoting owlyce:

I thought that women couldn't get an iud until after they had a child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:37 PM

I'd be thrilled if my teen girl got one. She's nearly an adult and it's her business. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Exactly. It is her business and they last for years. I dont know why anyone would be upset about that. At least she is using birth control and you dont have to really worry (I know they arent 100% but very very close) about her getting pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'd be thrilled if my teen girl got one. She's nearly an adult and it's her business. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:41 PM
It's sd's business. I took my SD and got her birth control when she was not quite 14. She asked me privately so we went. If a girl is old enough to express an interest then I believe she should be able to have birth control just in case. You aren't with your kids 24-7 and you can't control every single thing they do. Better birth control than a baby at 14.

BM found out a year later and was furious. Especially when she found out I was the one who took her. But at that point there was nothing she could do but complain. SD ended up moving in with us because BM demanded she go off her birth control immediately and send wasn't willing.
WineMom13
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2017 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
If that was my daughter or SD as the case may be, I would be proud that I had a responsible young woman in my hands. I mean, she could not use BC and get pregnant,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)