• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love when people judge

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
DH and I live below our means. Quite a bit below our means. We could afford a $400,000 house and still not worry about money but we chose to buy a $150,000 house (in South Texas). We can afford brand new luxury cars but I drive a 5 year old Kia and DH has a 20 year old Infinity and a 10 year old Acura. We dont have cable. We shop at Wal-Mart and Target. We don't go on elaborate vacations every year. We live like we make about $80,000 a year, yet we actually make about $200,000 a year.

I currently don't work and don't ever need to again but will go back to work next year when our youngest goes to school. We live off income from our rental properties. DH salary goes into savings for retirement and college accounts for our kids. I do volunteer at the kids school though.

Well there is a teacher at the school who looks down her nose at me all the time. She thinks because she drives a BMW and I drive a KIA that we are poor. She has actually told people this. She also doesn't like me because I won in the election for the PTA board position her friend wanted.

Anyway today we had a board meeting and while waiting to begin I got a call about some issues at one of the rental houses. After I got off the call another person asked how many rentals we have. It ended up coming out that we live off that income (about $80,000 a year). The judgemental teachers face was priceless when she heard that. It was great. Now she is trying to be my best friend. Lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:11 AM
She sounds like a gem
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:13 AM

Image result for braggart gif

Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:22 AM
A teacher with a BMW?
crumpy_gat
by No. on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Humblebrag
Sahm.I.am
by iDeclareDebtWar on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:27 AM
That's how the wealthy do it, it's not about how much you make, it's about how much you keep and grow!
Kitty90905
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:28 AM
None of this happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:30 AM
Uh huh. And Santa is your chauffeur, while the Tooth Fairy cleans your house, right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm leaning more towards outright bullshit lol

Quoting crumpy_gat: Humblebrag
Marie207
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:32 AM

You sure that call was not an intent call you set up?  lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)