Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have the money! why!? wtf!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

I got an inheritance after my grandma died and then I got one my great grandma left me when I was 16 when I turned 25. ever since I got my grandmas inheritance I have been looking up land to buy, I found a few and showed dh. he bitched that it was so far from his family. so I looked where we live now and I literally can't find a single one that isn't 2-6 hours away. when I told him that he said I should just use the money on something else. its been a battle ever since.

I am sick of living in a TINY one bedroom apartment but he is fine. I'm tired of the smog and the over crowdedness of the city we live in, he doesn't care because he grew up in a  house with 3 other families. on top of that, he wants to stay near his family....who doesn't give two shits about us. we literally get ignored unless we're sitting right in front of them. we didn't even know dh's mom went to the ER and needed emergency surgery until a week later when we went for Sunday dinner.

I really don't understand it, I have the money to find us land and build us a house but he doesn't want to use it! he wants to stay in the ghetto with drug addict neighbors and cops pulling through at least once a day.....

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:34 AM
17 moms liked this

Then find the land you want and buy it. Build a house and move in, let your lazy dh stay in the ghetto

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
It might be time to do what YOU want with YOUR money. Even if you don't move soon, it sounds like you'd be happier moving in the next few years. Maybe you'll be able to afford to build a house on your own?
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:37 AM
Could it be he is ashamed he can not provide a house and has to rely on you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:37 AM

i can build it right this second.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It might be time to do what YOU want with YOUR money. Even if you don't move soon, it sounds like you'd be happier moving in the next few years. Maybe you'll be able to afford to build a house on your own?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:38 AM

dude i paid for everything when we first were dating. it idnt bother him then idk why it would now

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: Could it be he is ashamed he can not provide a house and has to rely on you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Then do it. Why would you stay in a ghetto if you didn't have to? If he wants to be with you, he'll follow you. If not, you're better off.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

i can build it right this second.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It might be time to do what YOU want with YOUR money. Even if you don't move soon, it sounds like you'd be happier moving in the next few years. Maybe you'll be able to afford to build a house on your own?

Southernmom924
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it's time to seriously re-evaluate your relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell him you are moving with or without him. His choice
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:39 AM
It was just an idea.
Some men are full of pride.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

dude i paid for everything when we first were dating. it idnt bother him then idk why it would now

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: Could it be he is ashamed he can not provide a house and has to rely on you?

Trixie_dahl
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:41 AM
Id tell him im buying land and moving with or without him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)