Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? For non-religious family's

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
If you don't follow a specific religion, would you still allow your child to attend a religious youth group?

How would you feel if you found out your child was attending said youth group and the pastor's wife was picking your child up to bring them, without your knowing?

*Edit- So my child just turned 12 in June. This is a newer, modernized church. With a younger congregation. A lot of ex drug addicts that I know are super wrapped up and almost obsessed with this church.

That being said last year, when my daughter would sleep over at her friends (I've know the mon since we were in middle school) they would bring her to this church with them. I didn't think much of it. However, I started getting a weird/off vibe so I stopped allowing her to go. Because I feel that this age kids are super impressionable and easy targets.

So come to yesterday, I found out my child has gone to the youth group tied to this same church with another friend. Apparently the pastor's wife picked them up and brought them. Don't you think that woman should have asked to speak with a parent before picking kids up? I blame my daughter for being secretive as well but I'm pissed. And now my daughter is pissed at me because I told her she can't go anymore..
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:43 AM
It would truly depend on the age of the child. 7 or 8 i would be pissed. Not Because They went to youth group but because they were being transported by someone i was unaware of. 15/16 would not bother me as much
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:44 AM
It wouldn't bother me at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:45 AM
My daughter went to a Christian pre school. We are not religious at all. It was fine..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:45 AM
I'd be pissed. What a sneaky bitch!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:46 AM
No, I would not. I don't want my children influenced by that bullshit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:46 AM
It wouldn't bother me. If a kid is old enough to attend a youth group then he or she is old enough to make the decision to attend.
Trixie_dahl
by Chicka Loca on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:47 AM
Since i know where my kids are at all times idnbe pissed. They dont go anywhere without permission even if its a ride to get treats or.walkimg to the corner store from a friends house. I wouldn't mind if they wanted to attendreligious groups as lomg as they didn't try to convince me of that crap but going behind my back would cost them my trust and a lot of freedom.
Summerlion1123
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:47 AM
I wouldn't care about the youth group. My parents aren't religious but my stepmom is, so I attended a few as a kid and had fun. My kids have also gone to Christian preschools. It would definitely bother me that my kids were being taken somewhere without my knowledge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:50 AM
I'm guessing your child is older? As she's being picked up by someone else and you haven't noticed right away. So my question would be why didn't your daughter talk to you about it herself??? The pastors wife may have no idea you didn't know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:50 AM
Why do you think your child didn't tell you about it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)