Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great. I got a monster in law.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
I'm sure users can piece together who I am, not hiding from CM users, hiding my SN from anyone who I may know who may lurk.

I thought I was always nice to stb mil. I have always encouraged df to end any disputes, welcomed her, always nice to her and she always seemed nice to me.

The night of my bachelorette she spoke to df. She has it in her head that I'm out to get her. No idea why, she feels I'm with holding DD from her because I'm not sitting at home all day in case she visits (I told her anytime she wants to see DD just send me a text and I'll make sure I'm home or take her out to her place).

Well our wedding is Saturday. He said he spoke to her on the phone and she didn't seem excited about it. Then he told me she said "well, you still have two days to back out". I know it's stupid to let it bug me but with all the other stress I just ended up crying. I have literally done nothing to her only to find this out. My mother told me to just let it go but I really don't think I can. Df just laughed about it.

I know I'm not being crazy for being bothered by this.... who even says that to their son?

And end vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:43 AM
Shun her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:46 AM
I'll be nice and civil for dfs sake, I'm sure I have family that he don't like... but on top of all this wedding stress I currently have she really didn't need to add to it

Quoting Anonymous 2: Shun her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:47 AM
Little emotional there, to be straight if my son was marrying someone I didn't see as a fit (even if she was awesome person) I would say "you can still back out" i hope I wouldn't say anything more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:48 AM

so what was his reply to his mothers comment?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:49 AM
That he wasn't backing out. I don't know if anything else was said I just walked away and said I needed a minute

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:51 AM
I have two boys and if they built a family with someone and that person helped them make a better life I definitely wouldn't be like heyyy just do you know. If I actually gave her a reason I could understand, but I truthfully never have

Quoting Anonymous 3: Little emotional there, to be straight if my son was marrying someone I didn't see as a fit (even if she was awesome person) I would say "you can still back out" i hope I wouldn't say anything more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:55 AM
If your dd is also her grandchild she should be elated about the wedding. Finally her low life son has decided to make a family instead of living like trash. Better late than never.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:56 AM
Wait, she said that in front of you?

Quoting Anonymous 1: That he wasn't backing out. I don't know if anything else was said I just walked away and said I needed a minute

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:57 AM
I kinda get both sides but I can say if I was afraid that y'all just weren't a good fit. I would have to say something. I would feel like a bad parent if I say nothing. But then again I married "Mr. Right" in my early 20s. There was no reason it shouldn't have worked except it would no matter how hard we tried. So maybe I just can see a mothers fear.
If she acted an a** and screamed and tried to stop the wedding, that's b.s. but she just said you can back out. I think that is just am expression of fear and I can understand

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have two boys and if they built a family with someone and that person helped them make a better life I definitely wouldn't be like heyyy just do you know. If I actually gave her a reason I could understand, but I truthfully never have

Quoting Anonymous 3: Little emotional there, to be straight if my son was marrying someone I didn't see as a fit (even if she was awesome person) I would say "you can still back out" i hope I wouldn't say anything more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:58 AM
Right... try harder

Quoting Anonymous 5: If your dd is also her grandchild she should be elated about the wedding. Finally her low life son has decided to make a family instead of living like trash. Better late than never.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)