• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help custody issue

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Ok so my soon to be ex husband and I are halfway through our divorce but unfortunately when our kids were put into counseling they spoke of abuse from their father when they were left in his care. So now after investigation his visits are supervised which im ok with until we get to the bottom of this. Im highly concerned because according to the kids counselor she believes other fowl play took place just by how frightened they are of their dad. I never saw anything but the kids said anytime they were left in his care he would mistreat them. They won't go into detail though which is making the process hard. He was very abusive to me and had a drug and alcohol problem but I like a fool stayed hoping he would change until the night he raped me. So my question is what do you think about this situation and how would you try and figure this out for the sake of the kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:07 AM
By the way this has been going on for a year and they wont even speak enough to say hi or bye to their dad with supervision.
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:09 AM
Keep visits supervised.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:10 AM

You don't do or say anything to them. Let the professionals find out what happened. You aren't trained to ask them questions and they could say whatever they think you want to hear instead of what really happened.

CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:13 AM
Do you live full time with your kids? Have you asked them what happened?

Sorry, as their mom I wouldn't be able to NOT ask.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:22 AM
It would be wise to remember that this really needs to be handled by professionals.

If you question them it could backfire.
You don't need or want his attorney to give the judge reason to question whether or not you have coached the kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't ask them anything I let the counselor know if they ask questions.

Quoting Sassy762:

You don't do or say anything to them. Let the professionals find out what happened. You aren't trained to ask them questions and they could say whatever they think you want to hear instead of what really happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:30 AM
I won't ask because I feel like I might ask the wrong stuff and make it worse...

Quoting CampHarris: Do you live full time with your kids? Have you asked them what happened?

Sorry, as their mom I wouldn't be able to NOT ask.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:31 AM
I don't I relay everything to the counselor so she knows what needs attention most

Quoting Anonymous 2: It would be wise to remember that this really needs to be handled by professionals.

You don't need or want his attorney to give the judge reason to question whether or not you have coached the kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:35 AM
I understand that is extremely difficult to do but it really is the best choice.

As long as you tell your children that you love them and will always be there for them that is the most important thing you can do

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't I relay everything to the counselor so she knows what needs attention most

Quoting Anonymous 2: It would be wise to remember that this really needs to be handled by professionals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)