• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My big mom confession: I love my grand kids more than my own kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I do. The feelings I have for my grand children are indescribable. I love my kids but not nearly as much as I love my grandkids.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:03 AM
Anyone else?
Devilish_One
by Princess of Darkness on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:04 AM
Bump
ColesMommy63005
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:08 AM
Seems odd since your kids gave you your grandkids.. lol.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:14 AM

You are very strange. I love all of my kids (adult and minor) and my grandkids equally.

BubblesTroubles
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:20 AM
I don't think you're strange. Both my mom and dad were very vocal with the fact that they love my kids more than me. Lol, my mom once described it as a love without fear. I think she meant that as a parent, you fear that what you're doing is right, what they're doing is right but as a grandparent you just love them as them with no worry.

I thought it was quite funny.
kikibix
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:25 AM

I have heard others say this. I think it's a common feeling.  Probably because when they are little kids idolize us and love unconditionally and as they age there is a natural separation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:28 AM
Well, My only is 11 and if he had a baby, I'd freak out.
jeda1429
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:31 AM

My mom loves my son more than me . It hurts my feelings sometimes 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:36 AM
You are not strange at All! I have 7 flowers in my Garden, of course I love my 6 daughters, but it's something extra special about my grandchildren. How do the saying go, "If,I knew grandchildren was going to be this lovely", I would've had them first 🌹🌹
silvermermaid
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:37 AM
I don't think that's terribly unusual. With your kids, you made mistakes as a parent, they made mistakes as kids, there can be hard feelings or resentment over many years, but to me, grandkids are wonderful little beacons of hope for the future, and even when they are naughty and do get scolded by their parents, grandparents are often a soft place for the child to land.

My mom and grandmother fought tooth and nail when my mom was growing up, but if we were visiting my grandparents and if my mother was grouchy or annoyed with me for some probably bratty/annoying thing I did, I would run crying to my GM and she would ask, "Awww. Is your mother being mean to you? Come to grandma!", and then she would smother me with a hug lol.

I would think being a grandparent is easier than being a parent- and it damn well should be!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)