Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever reconnected with someone from your past?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:14 AM
  • 4 Replies

This past weekend, I went out with one of my friends. I've only been out once this year so I went out to celebrate with my friend for her birthday. We had an amazing time and while we were there and I happened to run into an ex from high school. Neither of us are big on social media so we were never friends on Facebook or anything like that. We exchanged numbers and have been talking it up a lot since reconnecting. I'm really excited because I never really got over him. I've wondered about him over the years so it was really great seeing and talking to him again. Just wondering if anyone else has reconnected with someone from their past and how did it work out for you? I really hope this goes well for us but it's still pretty new so I don't know yet. He seems really excited about seeing me, though.

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:19 AM

I'm a brat, it comes with the territory. I haven't reconnected with an exes, but with old friends & extended family. The reconnecting with old friends worked out much better than reconnecting with family members since the later group hold it against me that I wasn't around much growing up since we kept moving. We visited every summer, when we were in the same country, but went years between visits when we weren't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:23 AM
I reconnected with an ex boyfriend from high school about 6 years ago. We lived together for 3 years, it turned into a disaster.
mhagh
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:28 AM

My husband was a very close friend to me in high school.  We never dated, but he was always there for me.  He is a couple of years older than me and went right into the army after graudation.  We wrote for a while and then lost touch.  Fast forward a decade and we ran into each other at a charity event.  We fell in love hard and fast.  Fast forward another decade and we divorced.  Through the divorce papers I found out he only tried to "see if it would work" a.k.a. marry me even though he never loved me and led me on.  The divorce papers said he only married me because he got me pregnant while I was on birth control and he really liked the idea of having his own biological child; although I don't know why because he was never there for us.  I told him at least half a dozen times that I did not want him to marry me just because he got me pregnant and that I wanted him to marry because he loved me.  I told him the baby I and I would be fine as long as ex did his part.  I turned down his proposals twice, but he persisted, insisting he was madly in love with me.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:31 AM

an ex-boyfriend?  No-ish where it may have been a few years but we caught up and never really reconnected.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)