Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my husband but-update update again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
I need to rant about something.. because I won't say anything bad about him to people he knows.

I had a rough night with our 11 month old last night. He decided to do a last minute load of laundry last night. He woke me up at 5:45 (I need to get up at 6:30 to get myself and kids ready for school/work) asking for his laundry that was still in washer and got mad at ME for not switching it and told me I need to figure it out because they're his work clothes. So here I am, instead of sleeping until 6:30, I'm standing by the dryer waiting for his clothes.

Mornings like this are too common :/.

Update- he snatched the clothes out of my hands when I knocked on the bathroom door and slammed it shut. I did his hair before he left and he just said "bye" and tried to slam our bedroom door before he left. Ugh. He is such an asshole sometimes :(.

Update2- Yesterday I told my husband I was still waiting for an apology. He told me he was too! I was so confused. He said he wants an apology because I got an attitude with him when he told me to put his clothes in the dryer while he showered. I'm not backing down. I got an attitude because he told me to "figure it out" and acted like it was my fault. He would've probably got an attitude too! All I did was say "and you're acting like it's my fault-as always!". I don't know how to resolve this. I don't think I should give in and make him think this is ok.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:58 AM
Bump
mommy1990426
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:01 AM
Sorry. :-(... I hope bedtime comes early tonight.. But why didn't he get up at 5:30?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Why do you need to stand by the dryer
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:05 AM
Make sure he knows I'm checking and getting his clothes out as soon as they're dry. He's getting the rest of hisself ready for work.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why do you need to stand by the dryer
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:06 AM
What do you mean? He got up to get ready for work.

Quoting mommy1990426: Sorry. :-(... I hope bedtime comes early tonight.. But why didn't he get up at 5:30?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:06 AM
7 moms liked this
Yeah I understand that in your household that's common but honestly that shouldn't be. How is his laundry your problem?? You have enough to do as it is and if he can't take care of his stuff like a grown ass man then he has some issues. I also don't like the way he spoke to you about you having to figure out his problem that he created. I would've went back to bed and told him to kiss my ass, but then I again I have a very short temper and if things aren't even or balanced I get annoyed easily . So please don't take what I said too seriously I'm here to hear you vent, it's your marriage in the end you know what you need to do to make it work. You've been heard hugs to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:07 AM
4 moms liked this

Who the hell does he think he is anyway?

You are not his slave

Tell him to dry his own damn clothes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:08 AM
4 moms liked this
One Id make him do it. Two, I wouldn't stand at the dryer. How weird, standing there won't make them dry faster.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I need to rant about something.. because I won't say anything bad about him to people he knows.

I had a rough night with our 11 month old last night. He decided to do a last minute load of laundry last night. He woke me up at 5:45 (I need to get up at 6:30 to get myself and kids ready for school/work) asking for his laundry that was still in washer and got mad at ME for not switching it and told me I need to figure it out because they're his work clothes. So here I am, instead of sleeping until 6:30, I'm standing by the dryer waiting for his clothes.

Mornings like this are too common :/.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Why didn't he throw them in the dryer? I'm so confused

Quoting Anonymous 1: Make sure he knows I'm checking and getting his clothes out as soon as they're dry. He's getting the rest of hisself ready for work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Checking what? The more you open the dryer the slower they'll dry. What does he need to do to get ready for work, curl his hair or something? Why couldn't you set it and when done he can get them? He is sounding like a huge, controlling jackass.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Make sure he knows I'm checking and getting his clothes out as soon as they're dry. He's getting the rest of hisself ready for work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)