Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We aren't paying for that, you are

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
My stepkids are older teens, one is a junior this year the other a sophomore.

Yesterday they decided they wanted to play in the kiddie pool. It's just a blow up pool that's about 30 inches deep and because they are older teens I didn't think we needed to watch them in the pool.

They both decided to take underwater selfies and movies.

Both phones are ruined.

With one the speaker doesn't work but everything else seems to work. With the other one nothing works.

Dh offered to take them to Verizon and see what Verizon offered but he told them we would not be paying for their phones. Of course there's some resistance from them but he's standing his ground.

I'm not sure if water damage is covered, they both do have insurance on their phones. One has a Samsung the other an iPhone, but it is not the iPhone 7 that's supposed to be water resistant.

Does anyone know how much the kids are going to have to pay to get their phones fixed or replaced?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:05 AM
A lot
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Stupid....... I wouldn't be paying for that either!
Valentina327
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Stick to your guns. They're way old enough to know you don't put your phone under water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:09 AM
Why would they get them wet?

We paid $100 to fix dds iPhone a few years ago. People do it in their homes. We tend to see a lot of College students who are knowledgeable in that area. They order what they need online and fix people's electronics.

Other than that, it's going to be a lot.
Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:10 AM
I have insurance on my sons IPhone. It had water damage and they gave him a new one for $100
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't pay for it either but it sounds like they're old enough to get a job and pay for it themselves. Even if it's washing cars and mowing lawns.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:12 AM

They can be dried out with rice.  Google it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:13 AM
4 moms liked this

If they are so stupid they don't know you don't submerge your phones, they aren't smart enough to have cell-phones right now, anyway. They'd get a Wal-Mart flip-phone with 10 minutes a month for emergencies until they are old enough to get and pay for their own phones and contracts.

I do not reward nor do I sympathize with stupidity.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:14 AM

Hahahahaa, really? Those two are absolutely stupid.

Do you have insurance on the phones?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Try rice before getting new phones. Leave in rice for at least 3 days. I have dryed out many phones this way. I agree with them paying
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)