Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grown up Toys (boats, ATVs, pool etc)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
How many grown up toys do you have?

We own our home. Well technically the bank does, but we've payed our mortgage for 15 yrs. (still a bit to go). We have a nice house, 2 nice cars, and at this point we have a lot of money. We have NO fun things. My DH is a saver. We HAVE saved. We have retirement, college, all that is on a good very healthy track. At this point in life with 2 kids (8 & 11) I want some toys and fun.

I've mentioned it to DH and he says N-o to a pool. According to him we "wont take care of it" or because we live in the north "he isnt spending that money on something we can use 4 weekends a month".

We live about 20m from a huge lake. What about a boat? He likes to fish, we could take the boys out, maybe waterskii? He says "no, it will sit there and not get used."

I just want to have some fun! Have some toys to enjoy our life. He is being a stick in the mud!

So many of our friends have pools and its nice to be invited over (occassionally) but I hate feeling like a mooch and want that luxury for ourselves to use.

A friend has a 22' boat and another friend a 33' boat and we've been out and its such fun being out on the lake.

I dont want to go into massive debt, Im not foolish. But This girl wants to have some fun!

So what fun things do you guys have or like to do?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:28 AM

Why does he control all the money?

3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:28 AM
Toy aren't really my thing as much as really good gear.
Thousand dollar hockey skates $300 hockey sticks Kitesurfing gear kayaks trail bikes diving gear skis mountaineering gear those are the things I spend my money on.

Life is too short to not have fun while you're healthy and fit enough to do things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:28 AM

You aren't an equal partner in this relationship?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:29 AM

Why have you allowed him to have all the power in this relationship?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:30 AM

Does he control everything you do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:37 AM
So what does your family do on the weekend's?
We have recently got a pool and I can Say it's 100% worth it!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:40 AM
We have, a boat, a golf cart, a 4 wheeler, a couple of carts and a club membership.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:41 AM
How abour instead of toys you guys travel or get annual passes to somewhere fun?

It sounds like he doesn't want to deal with the maintinence of anything.
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:42 AM
Omg you sound like us! It took me MONTHS to convince DH to sell our attached home and buy a single home this last time around. We finally did, and he's very happy, but now we're at the No Toys area.

I want a pool. We had one in SC and loved it.
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 8:43 AM
I like that suggestion. We have annual passes to DW and we're going to FL soon. I think vacations are way better than a pool.

Quoting iamcafemom83: How abour instead of toys you guys travel or get annual passes to somewhere fun?

It sounds like he doesn't want to deal with the maintinence of anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)