• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
What do you do when your anxiety act up?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:39 AM

If I can't get it under control I have ativan to help. 9/10 times I can get it under control with focusing, but it might take an hour plaus.

Qmama206
by Nobi ❤️ on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:39 AM

I don't frequently become anxious unless it's an exam or date. I usually need to take a walk around the block with my headphones in and try to  deep breath. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:40 AM
I do mind over matter to keep from pukin' or if it's really bad, I take a benadryl. Weed is always an option for me too.
momma62009
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:41 AM

I go for a run, it usually helps.

lovingladyo4
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Try to identify the root cause of it and address that. Anxiety is just the symptom of another underlying problem. 

Try some deep breathing techniques: Breath in slowly through your nose and exhale slowly through your mouth' The rule of thumb is to to exhale for twice as long as you inhaled, forcing all the air out. So if you inhaled for 3 seconds, you want to exhale for 6 seconds. 

The inhaling affects your parasympathetic nerve system, which is the part of your brain that goes into its calming state, kind of like when you are tired and ready for bed, or when you are in a deep state of relaxation. 

Make it a habit to breathe like this consciously throughout the day. Once you get the hang of it you will see results.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:57 AM

Meditate.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:02 AM
I have anxiety and bipolar depression. I work out every day, eat right and get some sunshine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:06 AM
I take Prozac daily.
If I have something huge going on, I do deep breathing, positive affirmations and journal writing.
I don't get very anxious often, but last week I had a huge interview and I had to do deep breathing to relax and journal write when my mind wouldn't stop spinning.
It was the first time I took a chance knowing I will most likely not get the job, but this time I actually tried and did what I needed to do to get through it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM

I'm going anon for this one which is rare. I don't like putting my personal business out there. 

For the first time in my life, none of the usual day to day coping skills have been working (yoga, meditation, playing sports hanging with family and friends)  and I felt like I was tipping too many glasses of wine during the week to put a band-aid on it. After a few months of this, I spoke with my primary physician. She prescribed me 25 milligrams of Zoloft. 

Ive never considered this for me in the past but agreed to try it short term.

OMG, I haven't felt this good or been this relaxed since October.

My daughter and I were just bantering back and forth via text when she sent me a message saying "I'm so glad to have mother back", "I really missed you". 

I had no idea just how agitated I had become with the people closest to me. I never intended to do this any longer than a few months which is why the dose is the lowest possible. But now I will need to rethink things. She isn't the only person that has noticed a shift in my conscious thinking and behaviors. 

anewlynn09
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:11 AM

I deep breath - in, hold it 5-6 seconds, out, hold 5-6 seconds and repeat.  I have found listneing to soft jazz and really listening to each note helps.  At the dentist when I am high anxiety I bring my ear buds and turn the music up loud while they drill and pay really close attention to each word!!  The dentist and assistant know to just move my head any way they want and tap me when they need to talk to me.  The assistant even closes my mouth when she needs to suck the water out!!  LOLOL

i have learned that the car wash is a great place for me to clear my head.  Also, sitting in the garage when I am by myself and having no noise at all.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)